Bad week for South East Fs

A place for the South East Region - covering Surrey, South London, Sussex and Kent.

Moderator: TimM

TimM
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF VVC MY2000

Bad week for South East Fs

Post by TimM » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:51 pm

Well it's not been a good week for South East cars by the look of it . Having just read Transforce's post in the general section concerning his accident I reveived a phone call this morning from another South East member, Richard Mitchell , from Addlestone who relayed the sorry tale of his MGF's demise.

This one is really annoying though as he was asleep in bed at the time. Imagine being woken up at 3am by the sound of crunching metal and looking out of your window to see the top of a white van scuttling away down the road then to look in to your front garden to see the carnage left by said white van trying to park on the front lawn. First it hit a neighbours car before careerring into Richard's BMW bouncing off into his 1999 MGF pushing that across the lawn into his MGZS. Result being that insureers are unhappy and local repairers are rubbing their hands with glee. The F sadly came off worse with extensive front and rear end damage. Trident have looked at the car and passed it on to their repairers Panelwise who are quoting £3400 for repair. Now what's a 1999 MGF worth ? Will the insurers write it off ? Will Richard buy the car back off them if they do? He's quite attached to the car as it's the one his daughter used for her wedding day.

And what of the so and so who caused it all ? No doubt drunk, he got away scot free as no one got the van number. Git. :rant:

:(

Tim Morris
President MGCC MGF Register
FasTForward Editor; Safety Fast columnist; South East Regional Representative

2000 MGF VVC ; 1981 MGBGT LE; 2006 MG ZR

gwp
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: MGF VVC

Re: Bad week for South East Fs

Post by gwp » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:02 am

Thought my time had come the other night, I was stopped at a junction and heard the screeching of brakes behind me - I tensed everything and feared the worst - but fortunately the white van (why is it always a white van?) stopped in time and no contact was made.

Took me a good 10 minutes to calm down and for my heart rate to return to normal :o
MGF 1.8 VVC - 52mm Alloy Throttle Body & K&N 57i Filter

TimM
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF VVC MY2000

Re: Bad week for South East Fs

Post by TimM » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:33 pm

Blimey Graham - Bet you breathed a sigh of relief there !

Looked like something similar on the M20 yesterday when we went by on the other carrigeaway except they didn't stop in time. :cry:

Tim Morris
President MGCC MGF Register
FasTForward Editor; Safety Fast columnist; South East Regional Representative

2000 MGF VVC ; 1981 MGBGT LE; 2006 MG ZR