MGF black plastic seat top headrest guides

A place for the South East Region - covering Surrey, South London, Sussex and Kent.

Moderator: TimM

ArntyR
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: 2010 TF135 Style

MGF black plastic seat top headrest guides

Post by ArntyR » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:08 pm

Hi All. 2001 MGF mk2 1.6mpi owner here...

In an attempt to replace my saggy, original (walnut mirage cloth!) seats I've bought some better examples.

They've cleaned up nicely but one of the black plastic circular headrest guides was broken just below the top of the driver's seat leaving most of the rest within the backrest cushion. The passenger seat is fine and ready to fit.

The seats are perfect in every other way so the seller's sending me another plastic part (I have spares in the original seats anyway) but I can't see an obvious way to get a healthy one out from an old seat in an attempt to replace the broken one in the 'new' seat.

At first I couldn't get the headrest rail into the plastic guide due to the broken part but now the post is able to travel up and down in the guide tube. Hopefully the other 'clicky' adjuster adjuster part will be strong enough to cope...but before replacing the old with a 'new' seat I really want to fix it properly with an unbroken part...Please can anyone help?

ArntyR
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: 2010 TF135 Style

Re: MGF black plastic seat top headrest guides

Post by ArntyR » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:50 pm

All sussed thanks folks. You can slide your hand up the back of the seat back after unhooking the cover at the bottom...