Is this a scam ?

A place for the South East Region - covering Surrey, South London, Sussex and Kent.

Moderator: TimM

PatrickG
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: Trophy 160

Is this a scam ?

Post by PatrickG » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:22 pm

I have received an email saying my password has been reset by the administrator for MG-Rover.org. Has anyone else come across this ?

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Re: Is this a scam ?

Post by Keith Williams » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:30 pm

It is no scam. It is posted on the front page of rover.org and by the admin on the forum.
They want stronger passwords to be used and they are now going to be time limited to 1 year.
The problem is though, I changed mine earlier tonight and it will now not allow me in. Seeing the adverts they are having on the forum, maybe it is best to leave rover.org now. More adult than my last visit. Definitely not work safe anymore!
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

talkingcars
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Post by talkingcars » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:39 pm

I use .org daily but am not worthy of am email.
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

Davemul
Model of Car: MGTF 115 2005 MY

Post by Davemul » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:09 pm

They sent me a new password that didnt work so I emailed them back with a goodbye. Never go there any more, used to be great. Now just look here and FB
TF MY2005, Bilsteins, APs, Scorpion Dual, ZandF remap, Xpower Hoops, Lee121 Stripes, Trophy Spoiler, Cupra Splitter

John W
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: MGTF 80th Anniversar

Post by John W » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:53 am

Davemul wrote:They sent me a new password that didnt work so I emailed them back with a goodbye. Never go there any more, used to be great. Now just look here and FB
Hi dave,
Just seen this notice on their site.....

Hello Everyone,
We wanted to give you an update on the reset password emails that went out yesterday. Due to the high volume of emails going out and some service providers blocking them as spam, users have either been getting them late, or not at all. If you have not received your password reset email please use the password reset function “forgot password”. These emails will go through a paid provider and should show up instantly. To do so just go to log in >> once it redirects you click forgot password >> follow the steps provided. If you do not remember the email address associated with your account you can use the contact us tab at the bottom of the page to email us for assistance. Please select the “other” option and add subject “security password issues”
We apologize for any disruption this has caused to your forum experience.
:
MG 80th Anniversary TF 1420 of 1600, Colour Starlight Silver