November Kent MG & Rover meet

A place for the South East Region - covering Surrey, South London, Sussex and Kent.

Moderator: TimM

Ralph
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: Rover 420 T16 turbo

November Kent MG & Rover meet

Post by Ralph » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:50 pm

We are holding our November Kent meeting at the garage on Saturday 24th November from 2pm onwards. This is a general MG & Rover meeting, and is not associated with the MGF Register in any way. The address is:

Executive Motoring Services
2 Horsham Lane
Upchurch
Kent
ME9 7AL

Telephone: 01634 388999

From M25: Exit the M25 at Junction 2 (signposted Dover, Canterbury) and follow the A2 until it reaches the M2. When the road splits for the M2/A2 take the exit signposted A2 (Rochester and Strood). Follow the A289 until you get to a roundabout, take the 2nd exit. At the next roundabout take the first exit. Take the first exit at the next roundabout and pass through the Medway tunnel (great for listening to your exhaust!). Now follow this road until you get to the Three Sisters pub. Turn left at this roundabout and follow the road almost to the end. The garage is on the left next to the church in Upchurch village centre.

From Gillingham: The easiest way we would recommend, would be to take the Lower Rainham Road (to skip the A2 and Rainham High Street), following it to the end, you will come to a mini-roundabout with the Three Sister's pub ahead and to your left. If you take the first exit and follow Horsham Lane for approximately 2 miles.

From Maidstone (M20): Travel along the A249 and take the exit for A2 (signposted Rainham). take the first exit on the roundabout onto the A2. When you approach the junction with the Mercedes Commercial centre on your left, turn right onto Oak Lane (signposted Upchurch, Lower Halstow). Follow Oak Lane past the fields and golf course and when you pass a row of shops on your left (Co-Op being one of them) take the next left - Horsham Lane (with the St. Mary the Virgin church on the junction) and Executive Motoring Services joins onto the church.

SATURDAY - 24th November 2007 after 2pm

I am working towards doing a 'Tulip Rally' for this month's Kent Meet. It will entail meeting at the garage and collecting a route map to a pub, where food will be served.

Hopefully we'll be able to do a photoshoot, weather permitting as well....(not cloudy and raining, with batteries in the camera :oops: )

MG Rover and X Power merchandise will also be available to buy from the garage. There is limited stocks of these products so once they are gone they are gone.

Hope to see you all soon and look forward to another good turn out.

Angela

Re: November Kent MG & Rover meet

Post by Angela » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:07 pm

Hi Ralph,

I will try and make it to this meet, sorry I missed the last one.

Angela

Ralph

Post by Ralph » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:20 am

Angela, I look forward to meeting you again! Sorry I didn't get your message in time for last month's meeting.

I went out yesterday to plan the tulip rally and find a suitable pub. The destination will be near Whitstable and close to the Thanet Way. This will make it easy for people to head off either to the coastal towns, back towards London or toward Canterbury and Ashford. The route takes us through several villages close to the old A2 and along some narrow, twisty country lanes.

TimM
Committee Member & Regional Rep
Model of Car: MGF VVC MY2000

Post by TimM » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:25 am

How did the meet go Ralph - sorry I couldn't make it - had a prior engagement I'm afraid. Hopefully some other SEFers popped along.

Tim Morris
President MGCC MGF Register
FasTForward Editor; Safety Fast columnist; South East Regional Representative

2000 MGF VVC ; 1981 MGBGT LE; 2006 MG ZR

Ralph

Post by Ralph » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:36 pm

We had a dozen cars turn up for the run. There were 6 ZSs, 2 Rover 75s, 2 MG ZTs, a Montego and my TF. Most people found their way to the destination without incident, but a ZT was followed by 2 ZSs into an orchard! The correct turning was about 200 yards further down the road. :roll:

David A

Post by David A » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:41 pm

Glad it was a good turn-out, Ralph! We were hoping to come along, until fate intervened, but will be looking out for the next one! :thumbsu:
Fortibus es in ero

Ralph

Post by Ralph » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:55 pm

I'll post information on the next run once I've done the initial recce. Next run is going to be on the first Sunday of January.