Sat 14th July - Dogmersfield Fete

A place for the South East Region - covering Surrey, South London, Sussex and Kent.

Moderator: TimM

paulg
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: TF135 MY2005

Sat 14th July - Dogmersfield Fete

Post by paulg » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:56 pm

If you feel like a run in the countryside to a delightful rural setting you will be most welcome to join us. The location is Pilcot Farm, Dogmersfield, Hook, Hants., RG27 8ST.
A field is reserved for ‘Enthusiasts Cars’ next to the main showground. Free admittance to the fete for car and passengers. We usually get a broad cross-section of classic cars & motorbikes to view and of course all the traditional attractions of a village fete that’s been held annually for over 60 years. The tea & cakes tent is worth a special mention!
Please arrive before the fete opens to the public at 2pm. Arrive in convoy if you want to park together. No need to book, just turn up and enjoy the afternoon and you can leave at any time.
Hope to see you there.
Paul & Donna

TimM
Committee Member & Regional Rep
Model of Car: MGF VVC MY2000

Re: Sat 14th July - Dogmersfield Fete

Post by TimM » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:05 am

I think David and Ian are going to this - does anyone else fancy going to Paul & Donnas fete?

Tim Morris
President MGCC MGF Register
FasTForward Editor; Safety Fast columnist; South East Regional Representative

2000 MGF VVC ; 1981 MGBGT LE; 2006 MG ZR

churchsquare
Model of Car: MGF's/TF's/LEs/85ths

Post by churchsquare » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:17 pm

yes were are going, meeting Ian & Liz there

paulg

Post by paulg » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Setting up (almost) finished today. Forecast looks good for tomorrow. Post code should get you to the entrance to the farm. Make sure the car park marshals send you to the collectors' cars field where we'll be just inside the entrance to meet you. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow afternoon.
Paul & Donna

churchsquare
Model of Car: MGF's/TF's/LEs/85ths

Post by churchsquare » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:10 pm

Well done Paul and Donna, excellent afternoon at your Fate, Davek & Andrea

paulg

Post by paulg » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:32 am

Many thanks to everyone who joined us yesterday driving a nice range of cars. For the Show itself we had a total of 30 cars and 35 classic motorbikes attending. The cars ranged from a not-exactly-classic but great to see one-year-old Ferrari 488 GTB with 670 hp to a 1933 Morris Isis in beautifully restored condition. Great to see Cliff & Heather's very nice 'slightly modified' Morris Minor. Lovely range of bikes, the oldest being a 'museum piece' but fantastic to see it being driven on the roads - a 1914 Douglas Model V (2.75 hp!). To add some contrast we also had an 'up-armoured' Daf lorry, believed to be the only one in existence in the world, complete with dummy & machine-gun mounted on the cab roof. This has been used for recent filming including Silent Witness. Sorry to have to report that you didn't subsequently win anything on the raffle David and Ian! A very hot day for driving (again!) - thanks to everyone who came along to support us and hope you had safe journeys home.
Paul & Donna