22nd July dinner for run-up to MGF25

A place for the South East Region - covering Surrey, South London, Sussex and Kent.

Moderator: TimM

Mykel
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MG TF Monogram

22nd July dinner for run-up to MGF25

Post by Mykel » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:37 pm

Hi South East folks,

as it was such a fab tour five years ago, I’m planning to do another road run to Gaydon for the German cars coming to MGF 25. If all goes to plan (some people still have to apply for holiday leave), we will be bringing ten cars over to the UK. Arriving on Wednesday, 22nd of July at Dover in the late afternoon, we will then take a scenic route through the Kentish hills to spend the first night at The Conningbrook Hotel in Kennington near Ashford.

The folks at the hotel have confirmed we can host a joint dinner there, a three-course meal will be £21.95 per person. However, they will require a confirmed guest list, full payment, catering numbers and food pre orders a minimum of 2 weeks before our arrival.

I’d say we schedule the dinner at 7.30pm, allowing us to get ourselves in proper shape after the journey. If any of you would like to join us, please just send me an email to germany@mgfregister.org. Meal choices and payment methods tbd later in the year.

All the best
Michael (Mykel)
MGTF:
2004 TF 135 in Monogram Spectre, black leather, RHD
MGZR:
2001 ZR 160 in Solar Red, LHD, LPG conv
Classic:
1972 MG Midget MkIII RWA in Blaze Red
MGF Register regional rep for Germany -- germany@mgfregister.org

Bigfootmgf
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8

Re: 22nd July dinner for run-up to MGF25

Post by Bigfootmgf » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:56 pm

Hi Michael thanks for the invite unfortunately for me and quite a few of us the hotel is 80 miles or so away.
But I am sure we will meet up at Gaydon.

Regards
Paul