MGF performance Exhaust

A place for the South East Region - covering Surrey, South London, Sussex and Kent.

Moderator: TimM

btx5mg
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF VVC, ZT Turbo.

MGF performance Exhaust

Post by btx5mg » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:57 pm

Hi new member Pete from bucks. i have started to MOD my 97 MGF VVC, so far 160 throttle body, ram air itg induction , performance leads and plugs etc. but now i am not sure what performance exhaust to go for. i am leaning towards. either the Pipedream, or the blue flame, they look very similar or maybe even a powerflow but ive been told they are not as good, as blue flame. Anyone out there had one fitted.Many thanks Pete
Last edited by btx5mg on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete

AndyG
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: ZTT 400 - 2 x ZS180

Re: MGF performance Exhaust

Post by AndyG » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:08 pm

btx5mg wrote:Hi new member Pete from bucks. i have started to MOD my 97 MGF VVC, so far 160 throttle body, ram air itc induction , performance leads and plugs etc. but now i am not sure what performance exhaust to go for. i am leaning towards. either the Pipedream, or the blue flame, they look very similar or maybe even a powerflow but ive been told they are not as good, as blue flame. Anyone out there had one fitted.Many thanks Pete
"Daytona" is my favorite.
:thumbsu:
F Trophy 160++ Now sold.
ZTT SE 400 SHM Block. "Super Brick"
ZS 180 Trophy Blue x 2
Triumph SpeedTriple 955i

Dieter K
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: '99 MGF 1.8i

Post by Dieter K » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:40 pm

btx5mg wrote:Hi new member Pete from bucks. i have started to MOD my 97 MGF VVC, so far 160 throttle body, ram air itc induction , performance leads and plugs etc. but now i am not sure what performance exhaust to go for. i am leaning towards. either the Pipedream, or the blue flame, they look very similar or maybe even a powerflow but ive been told they are not as good, as blue flame. Anyone out there had one fitted.Many thanks Pete
And mine is the TT MK3 Trevor Taylor MK3

The next one for voting please :thumbsu:
MGF 1.8i, PTS. HEF-MG96

ScubaStewart
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by ScubaStewart » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:43 am

I have a TT MK2 and a MK3..... :P :P :P

Plenty of exhaust choices out there. If I didn't have the TT's, then I'd go for a Scorpion, as it looks fab!

muddybear
Model of Car: Trophy 160

Post by muddybear » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:18 am

Hi Pete,

welcome to the Register

I'm running a Blue Flame on my Trophy and I'm very pleased with it, the fit and build quaitly are excellent and service is good too, they normally offer a Decat pipe too but thats not Mot friendly, in addition i'm also running a K&N 57i kit with it. The note of the exhaust gives a pleasing roar around 4000 rpm, I noticed a increase of power on the move again when the engine comes on cam and it slips from 50 - 90 with little effort, and under normal driving it gives the F the sporty sound that should be expected from a british sports car. When shopping around Blue flame where one of the few manufactures to state an atcual BHP gain instead of a % - see their website ( if you already haven't ).

If you want outright performance it might worth checking out a Miltek for noise and power, they give more of a wrasp. I beleive Brown and Gammons stock them.

Andy :D
Follow - the - Bear

btx5mg

Post by btx5mg » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:22 am

Thanks for that Andy, i have seen the blue flame on a site Camskill Performance, selling for £290 inc Vat,that sounds quite good i think. My car seems quicker since i had the 160 throttle body fitted,and sounds good the ITG cold ram air filtter on it. I am also thinking about fitting side air vent extensions, one for it to look a tad more aggresive, plus this should help with forcing more cold air into the ITG filtter so i am told, so a good performance exhuast should give better sound and a bit more punch. I am looking forword to going along to my first meet at abingdon on the 3rd so i can see some more F/TF and get a few ideas. I have been running MG ZEDS of all types since 2001, and at the moment have an 56 reg ZT Turbo, as my daily drive, but this is my first F so may need a little help in knowing whats what.. Thanks once more Pete
Pete

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:53 pm

Having had a Blueflame for four years on the F, I now have the Daytona on my TF, without doubt.....The Daytona.

Nothing wrong with the Blueflame at all, just the note from the Daytona get's the vote.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

AndyG
Model of Car: ZTT 400 - 2 x ZS180

Post by AndyG » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:13 pm

adrianclifford wrote:..................... just the note from the Daytona get's the vote.
:D and the extra Torque lower down.

F Trophy 160++ Now sold.
ZTT SE 400 SHM Block. "Super Brick"
ZS 180 Trophy Blue x 2
Triumph SpeedTriple 955i

gwp
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: MGF VVC

Post by gwp » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:35 pm

ScubaStewart wrote:I have a TT MK2 and a MK3..... :P :P :P

Plenty of exhaust choices out there. If I didn't have the TT's, then I'd go for a Scorpion, as it looks fab!

I know your car is heavily modified but where did you manage to fit the second exhaust ??? :D :thumbsu: :D
MGF 1.8 VVC - 52mm Alloy Throttle Body & K&N 57i Filter

ScubaStewart
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by ScubaStewart » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:50 pm

Ah, well only the TT mk2 is fitted, and the mk3 is sitting in the garage ready to be modified! Not sure when i will get round to it though, but when I do you will soon know about it! :twisted:

Bigfootmgf
Model of Car: MGF 1.8

Post by Bigfootmgf » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:21 pm

adrianclifford wrote:Having had a Blueflame for four years on the F, I now have the Daytona on my TF, without doubt.....The Daytona.

Nothing wrong with the Blueflame at all, just the note from the Daytona get's the vote.
Yes i could here the drone from your exhaust all the way home from longbridge :roll:
Paul

Mod's cost money that you don't have or you could have if you did not have mods!

Bigfootmgf youtube Channel
SE MGF Facebook page

btx5mg

Post by btx5mg » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:29 pm

This may sound a silly question, but were can i find a daytona exhaust. blueflame i found a few oulets on the net the best at £290, but no luck finding an daytona as of yet. Cheers Pete
Pete

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Post by colintf » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:23 pm

direct from Mike Satur

8-)

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:55 pm

Try here Pete (damn it's gone down in price too). http://www.mikesatur.com/acatalog/Onlin ... em_17.html

Mike's phone number is 01709 890555, he will deliver too.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:57 pm

AndyG wrote:
adrianclifford wrote:..................... just the note from the Daytona get's the vote.
:D and the extra Torque lower down.

Correct Andy, but the Blueflame with the same 4-2-1 manifold I'm running now (the Piper from Mike) also had good low down torque.