85th Anniversary model in Chertsey....shhh don't tell anyone

A place for the South East Region - covering Surrey, South London, Sussex and Kent.

Moderator: TimM

TimM
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF VVC MY2000

85th Anniversary model in Chertsey....shhh don't tell anyone

Post by TimM » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:24 pm

If you pop down to the Crown Hotel in Chertsey at 8pm on Monday 27th you may be able to get a preview of the 85th Anniversary MGTF at the Runnymede MGOC meeting. Ian Pogson is giving a talk on its development and I bumped into him at Windsor and he said that he is hoping to bring the actual car down for us to have a closer look at.

If you do miss Ian's talk here then he will be appearing at MGFest talking about working with the Chinese.

Tim Morris
President MGCC MGF Register
FasTForward Editor; Safety Fast columnist; South East Regional Representative

2000 MGF VVC ; 1981 MGBGT LE; 2006 MG ZR

TimM
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF VVC MY2000

Re: 85th Anniversary model in Chertsey....shhh don't tell anyone

Post by TimM » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:57 pm

Well it seems you managed to keep it quiet as no one from the forum apart from me turned up !

The 85th Anniversary was parked right outside the Crown having undertaken its longest journey so far !

Ian's talk was really good and very funny including development of the 85th, working in China and a bit on the future of MG. Definietly one to catch at MGFest .

He also auctioned off some bits he'd found laying around at Longbridge before they got chucked out so I ended up with a pair of prototype LE500 treadplates in different styles and some paint swatches plus a potential soft touch heater knob for the 2002 MY TF. I missed out on some great pictures of a potential facelift model TF from 2007 and some printouts of various LE500 development ideas including how they came up with vibrant orange colour (think Jaffa Orange cars !). Incidentally the vibrant orange colour swatch I have is actually a Ford colour so I'm not sure if that is the actual colour or just the template for it.

Here's the 85th in Chertsey....

Tim Morris
President MGCC MGF Register
FasTForward Editor; Safety Fast columnist; South East Regional Representative

2000 MGF VVC ; 1981 MGBGT LE; 2006 MG ZR