Sat 29th June'13 Classic Action Day at Castle Combe

Avon, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire

Moderator: colintf

Martin C
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: Mk. 1 1999 VVC

Re: Sat 29th June'13 Classic Action Day at Castle Combe

Post by Martin C » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:31 am

Hainsie wrote:Lets hope you don't see a similar MGF doinf the same a week Monday Martin ;)
Steve, Lets hope it's not 2 MG F's doing it you mean! :lol:

Look forward to seeing you on the 15th, lets hope the weather is like today. :thumbsu:
Cheers,
Martin
MGs-on-Track - Committee member
1972 Zircon Blue Rover P6 3500S 131bhp
1999 Morrelo - MG F VVC 150+bhp
2003 Nightfire Red - MG ZS 120+ 118bhp
As Wolfie should have said = "X-Power to the people!"

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Post by colintf » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:05 pm

Classic &Retro Action Day 2013

... a BIG ThankYou!

Apologies not to be in contactsooner... I’m not sure where the hours go in each day!

I just wanted to drop a BIGthank you though to everyone who attended the Classic & Retro Action Day2013... we’ve had some extremely positive comments to the new Paddock layout,the ‘rethemed’ track sessions and indeed, to the Vintage Buses!

We’re really keen to getfeedback though so if anyone has any comments either favourable or with ideason how to improve then do get in contact as we’d love to hear from you!

2013 saw a bit of a turningpoint in the event as we tried to move more towards ‘Classics and Retro’. Weare still looking to improve the event and will be treating it on a ‘steppingstone’ basis and hope to see new ideas coming through every year.

If there is anything that you’dlike to see then do shout... some may be impractical, some may be too costlybut let’s see what’s out there and start building this event step by step,stone by stone!

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2013 EVENT...

We had a fabulous turn out ofOwner’s Clubs and cars on the day so many thanks to all involved.

CLUB STAND OF THE SHOW...

The ‘Club Stand of the Show’went to the Lotus 7 Club who put on a fantastic display both in the numbers ofcars and in the ‘interactive’ element with good information, a great Clubatmosphere and they also added the collections for the NGVFA which proved verypopular on the day.

CAR OF THE SHOW...

The ‘Car of the Show’ meanwhilewent to Sean Puckle of Clevedon in Somerset with his Ford Cortina 1600E.

Sean has come back to theCircuit with some great details on the car which was originally registered backin January 1970. The supplying dealer was AFS Ford in Avonmouth who were a Forddealer, the first owner lived in Thornbury near Bristol where the car was basedfor a few year before being sold on to a new owner in Wiltshire. A secondWiltshire resident then took up ownership before the car was sold to someone inHertfordshire (around 1985) who wanted to restore it to its original glory.This owner had the car for 23 years and really treasured it, he then sold it toa friend who ran it for 3 to 4 years, this person then bought a Lotus Cortinaso advertised this in the classifieds as he didn't have room for 2 cars!

Sean confirmed that it had beenlooking for a 1600E as his father had one back in the early 70's. His fathersadly passed away last year and Sean wanted to buy one in his memory. To find acar in such perfect condition but also one that had been originally registeredjust down the road in Bristol was perfect!

Sean advised “I did not hesitateand bought the car in October last year, I am only the 6th owner which isincredible for a car that is 43 years old, the paperwork/history that came withthe car is so comprehensive it leaves you in no doubt the mileage showing onthe car 88k is 100% correct!

“I dedicate Saturdays win to myfather, he would have been so proud, I'm sure he was looking down from aboveputting a bit of pressure on the judges !”

What a great win Sean... andwe’re delighted to have chosen such a worthy winner!

NGVFA...

As stated previously, the Lotus7 Club approached us with the idea for the NGVFA (National Gulf Veterans andFamilies Association) collecting on the day. Being that the event date tied inwith Armed Forces Day, it seemed a natural progression and we welcomed thecharity with open arms.

I’m delighted to confirm thatthey collected £290 on the day which they are delighted with. This, along withthe increased awareness of this national charity, can only do good as we go onto support our Armed Forces.

It appears that the winner ofthe Fast Parade Lap, Maurice Williams was also delighted and now hopes to buy aCaterham 7 in the future!!

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT...?

We do have 2 x further ActionDays 2013 which you may be interested in... details on the ForgeMotorsport Performance Car Action Day (Saturday 14th September) and the MiniWorldAction Day (Saturday 28th September) can both be found on our website.

Alternatively, if these aren’tfor you then do check out the Autumn Classic Race Meeting on Sunday 6th Octoberwhen we welcome a whole variety of Classic and Vintage cars for some reallyclose circuit racing! Highlights of the day include:

· 1 xFormula Junior Historic Racing Association Championship Race
•1 x Historic Aston Martins Race
•1 x Jaguar Enthusiasts Club, Pre 66 Jaguars Race
•1 x Healey Drivers International Big Healey Race
•1 x FiSCaR 50's Inter-Marque Race
•1 x VSCC Pre War Sports-Cars (Standard & Modified)

Racing starts from 1pm andtickets can be purchased in advance of the Castle Combe website... please seethe AutumnClassic webpage for details.

PLUS... remember, we welcomeyour feedback on the Classic & Retro Action Day 2013; keep us posted!

With best wishes

THE CASTLE COMBE ACTION DAY TEAM

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Russell91
MGF Register Region: South Wales

Post by Russell91 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:34 pm

Hi everyone

I had a fantastic day at castle combe with SWMGF and i would not take back a second of it.

After reading colinTFs commet i am really sorry if i gave the impression i was a danger to myself and others on the track and if i brought SWMGF repuation down in a bad way.. I do regret that

What has p****d me off is you mug me off in a open forum when you dont really know my situation, i have never driven on track before and have never pushed my car like that before.
I was as sensible as i could be with pushing my car to a certain degree and the car did bite me at two points.

Im the first person to say im a terrible driver but you will never learn to push your car to the limit until you hit that limit so i dont really see how you can i was out of control.

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Post by colintf » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:14 am

The organisers of the event are actively trying to prevent that type of driving. That was made very clear on the club paperwork from the circuit. I hope they will allow us back next year!!

I do not have to know you or your situation to make the comments that I did

It is me they hold personally responsible for your antics

I am not interested in the reputation of SWMGF but I do all I can to maintain the reputations of the MG Car Club and the MGF Register.

8-)

Ps watch your language on this forum as well please

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Russell91
MGF Register Region: South Wales

Post by Russell91 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:37 pm

hi again

yes it did say that on the paperwork mate and they also said at the drivers meeting in the morning that if they see anyone driving way beyond there limits and being a danger to themselves and others they would be taken off the track and thats the end of there day on the track.

so as i did not get taken off the track i assume i diden do that bad

i do agree with you that i need some driving lessons on track and i will try and do some before the end of the year, and if i got you trouble at all for my driving i do apologize.

but i still think saying what you said was a little out of order but lets leave it at that and i will try to improve my driving skills! 8-)

sorry for the swearing on my last post.

regards
Russ :twisted: