MGF20 - announcement

A listing of up and coming events and latest register news.

Moderator: Committee Members

Db09
MGF Register Region: Cotswolds
Model of Car: Volcano orange f

Re: MGF20 - announcement

Post by Db09 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:41 pm

It will be our 1st meeting looking forward to a couple of days with mgf's. And other owners .

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Post by Keith Williams » Fri May 09, 2014 8:47 pm

Db09 wrote:It will be our 1st meeting looking forward to a couple of days with mgf's. And other owners .
I hope you will join us at an event before this one. MGF20 is in August 2015 not this year :D

If you don't get to another event before then, try going to MG90 at Silverstone on the 21st & 22nd June this year :thumbsu:
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

mtb
Model of Car: Mk2

Post by mtb » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:38 pm

Gosh I'm so glad I purchased my first MG in mid April an MGF. I joined the club straight off. Booked tickets for the weekend that is MG90 Silverstone, went to MG's in the park at Cotswold Wildlife park (Brill) and now find this announcement about MGF20. Will definitely be there. For once it seems my timing was spot on ? ;) Biggsie.

fergusor
Model of Car: MG TF 135 Sprint

Post by fergusor » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:14 am

Hi guys,

I'll be coming along to this. Although not an active MGF owner at the moment, I had my first new one in 1997 followed by my second in 1998.

My first MGF event was the 2nd Birthday at the Heritage Motor Centre and had a fantastic time. I remember meeting at Brooklands and getting a few pictures on the banking before heading off on a treasure hunt that eventually took us to Gaydon. I can even remember the last item that we had to collect along the way (which I didn't get at the time, had to bring a leaf from a Lava Tree!!).

I've also still got the bottle of Old Speckled Hen in the green box that was given out to everyone (though unfortunately it got damaged a few years ago so now has a crease along the middle).

I've been trying to track down my 2 old cars over the years but had no joy so far... does anyone know how I can see if the cars are registered with the club or how to go about tracking them down? First one was a BRG 1.8i, R186AOT and the second a Tahiti Blue 1.8i, S885KTR. I know they're both still on the road as they're showing up as taxed so they must be out there somewhere.

Anyway, I would love a repeat of 2nd Birthday celebration, a treasure hunt starting from various points in the country all meeting up at the Heritage Motor Centre. And perhaps try and get Gerry McGovern to attend and give a talk on the car or something.

I'm also hoping to have another MGF by the time of the event...

Richard.

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi Richard, we have made the announcement early to get people interested and we hope that no major events clash with our dates. We are confident it will be big, we have successfully planned and organised MGF10, MGFest 07, 08, 09 and MGF15 along with the huge amount of local, regional, national, international events and the large amount of work in MGLive/MG90.

I'm glad you wish to attend and we take all comments and suggestions positively, however we are not a professional team with a large budget, we are all volunteers and our resources will be limited so we need to be realistic. Nevertheless, it will be a great event I think we can safely say that, you see the amount of work that goes in to this so we will be asking for helpers closer to the time, be assured of that.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Keith Williams
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Post by Keith Williams » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:50 pm

Nice little write up for the event on the MG Enthusiast website http://www.mgenthusiast.com/mg-news/lat ... diary-date

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:13 pm

Nice, Simon did like my MGF20 T shirt while we were talking at MG90.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Post by talkingcars » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:37 pm

mtb wrote:Gosh I'm so glad I purchased my first MG in mid April an MGF.
Hi and welcome Biggsie

The MG community is defiantly a friendly one, regardless of which model you drive.

James
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

MGF_75
Model of Car: MGF 75th anniversary

Post by MGF_75 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:07 pm

Hello everyone, does anybody know if there is going to be a L.E Modle time line of all the special F's/TF's ?

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:54 pm

There will be if I've got anything to do with it.

I hope we can corrall the 75th's, 80th's and 85th's in to their own pens. Maybe Abingdon's, Trophy's and Monograms too but we need to balance out the needs of the members as some may prefer to park by Register Regions.

In previous events we have parked overseas cars seperately and we have a lot of ideas, we have been asked if cars can park by colour (as they did at the International Kempenrit for 10 years) be assured we're listening to you but we cannot guarantee giving everybody what they may want.

MGF_75
Model of Car: MGF 75th anniversary

Post by MGF_75 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:39 pm

That would be great if we could do it again Adrian like we did at Arundel castle last year. If you are looking for a 75th please let me know it would also be good if we could do a separate photo shoot of the Mulberry, black and silver 75th anniversary models and the Pearl Black, Starlight Silver and the Goodwood Green MGTF 80th Anniversary models and also the 85th model colours Intense Cassis, aubergine colour , Enigmatic Silver and Ice White.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:01 pm

I think that's probable, I'm quite sure we can get one each of those cars there.

VR 14/30
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Europe

Post by VR 14/30 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:01 am

Hi All !
I plan to come with other VR's more than eight would be great ! ;) I'm dreaming !!!
With support of the MG Club de France who wants to organise more events for Modern MG's; I hope that some F/TF from France will join too.
MG'calement,

Marina.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:30 am

If Marina is on the case, more than eight could be possible.

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Post by colintf » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:24 am

VR 14/30 wrote:Hi All !
I plan to come with other VR's more than eight would be great ! ;) I'm dreaming !!!
With support of the MG Club de France who wants to organise more events for Modern MG's; I hope that some F/TF from France will join too.
Tres Tres Bon Marina :thumbsu:

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

VR 14/30
Regional Rep

Post by VR 14/30 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:11 pm

adrianclifford wrote:If Marina is on the case, more than eight could be possible.
Be careful; don't bet on it :!:
MG'calement,

Marina.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:02 pm

VR 14/30 wrote:
adrianclifford wrote:If Marina is on the case, more than eight could be possible.
Be careful; don't bet on it :!:
Cautiously optimistic :sf:

Softly~Softly
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: MGF1.8VVC TF135. 160

Post by Softly~Softly » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:03 pm

Information post shared with link to here for more details ..
I also agree that it should only be F's and Tf's, although I thought it was celebrating the F so even the TF's should take a back seat and the focus should be on ALL the F's, NOT just the special additions...
For all MG/Rover .. MGWW MGWorldWide https://www.facebook.com/groups/midland ... p_activity

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:39 am

I'm sure the F's will not be by-passed Jan, it's their party as you say. Special attention will go to the '95 cars of course but to seperate F's from TF's may be tricky as some F's have TF front bumpers but, as I've said before, we are listening to you all. We'll do our best but obvious model specifics can be parked seperately as it's a nice thing to do (such as Vintage Racings, they look so impressive as a group don't you agree ?).

Steffi
Model of Car: TF 135 2005 BRG

Post by Steffi » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:54 am

Maybe we are able to display our new MG Board TF Turbo 160.
Steffi

MG TF 135 MY 2005, BRG and black leather with seat heating, glas rear window Eibach-springs, 4-pot brake

http://mgf-mgtf-stammtisch-koeln.jimdo.com