MGF20 - 1st & 2nd August 2015

A listing of up and coming events and latest register news.

Moderator: Committee Members

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Re: MGF20 - 1st & 2nd August 2015

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:04 pm

Steffi wrote:A great thank you from me as well. Everything is said, superb event :-)

Is there a list of the cars that attended the exhaust contest with their official noise?
Would like to know my db :-)
Yes there is Steffi. Like all competitions, Tim has it :thumbsu:
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Herbie
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by Herbie » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:20 pm

I can only echo what's already been said but nevertheless I would like to thank ALL involved who planned, organised and conducted this great event. I'd also like to thank every single one who attended with their beautiful car ! Now that was a fantastic get together of a big MG family, glad to have put some more faces to names :)

Well done y'all :thumbsu:
MGF 1.8i - Nighfire Red (CAQ)
Daytona Backbox - Piper Sports Cat - 52mm TB - TF Steering Rack - TF 80th LE elements - Compliance Washers - Clear Indicators - Assorted Bling

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Post by Keith Williams » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:55 am

After a MGF free day, well some would say I have had that for 3 years or so, before anyone else comments on that again :lol:

It is good to hear that people enjoyed the MGF20 weekend which makes all the hard work in organising such an event worth the effort ........

Many thanks have already been given but a few more from me

Our partners for MGF20 were Church Square Autos and Martin Smith.

Our sponsor was Peter Best Insurance.

Autogylm supplied prizes for the Poo winners.

Preshow support

Ron Kemp – Who looked after our traders and clubs stands

Graham Parker – Who arranged the evening entertainment

Pete Opie – Who kept the event website up to date

Rob Bell – Who arranged the lectures and guest speakers

Tim Morris - Pride of Ownership, Trophies, Programme, Pre and post publicity

Adrian Clifford – Who planned the parking, displays and driving test

John Bishop – Our Heritage Motor Centre co-ordinator and the rest of the staff there who made us very welcome over the weekend.

On the day support

Julia Marshal – our first chair person

Guest speakers – Chris Flanagan, Mike Stafford, Rob Bell, Roger Parker, Ian Pogson and Steve Harper

The Essex region – For organising the ticket selling, parking & driving tests

The South East region – For organising the POO, Loudest Exhaust and Glo Car competitions

Arena Hosts – Tim Morris & Adrian Clifford

MGF Register stand – Nigel and Jo May, Ron and Joan Kemp, Graham Parker

Dave Tynan – For printing out car histories from our Register

If I named them all, I will be sure to forget someone but a big thank you also has to go to those committee members, reps and members who offered their services and helped out on the day.

A full list of helpers will be posted on the event website once I have collated them all together.

Thanks also must go to all the traders and other clubs that turned up to fill the grass area in front of the museum.

Moving onto the Sunday

Adam Sloman, MG Car Club, for helping us arrange a site visit to the MG Motors site which included a viewing of the prototype MGFs.

Simon Bennett, MG Motors, for giving up his Sunday to open the Sales Centre and guiding us around the small museum on site.

Also a massive thanks has to go to all members and other visitors that visited the show. Without you there with your cars, the show would not have been the success that I think it was.

I just wish I could have seen something of the show myself but from all the pictures posted so far, it looks like it was a good one …………..
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

Dieter K
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: '99 MGF 1.8i

Post by Dieter K » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:31 pm

Back home from a great week in the UK, ending with a fabolous MGF20 Event.
Many thanks to all involved and also to Mykel who led our small group with four MGF throuh the south of the UK to Gaydon.
Sight seeing at its best !

Huge apologises to all who I should have shaked hands but missed however.

It's been a great pleasure having been there after my last visit back in 2005 and seeing so many old and new friends and putting names to faces.
Geoff said it already ... I'm happy both machines run well, my own and from the car also :) Low rust at the car and the other dreaded cells are silent as they should.
:thumbsu:

Looking forward to the next five years of happy motoring until MGF25
:D
MGF 1.8i, PTS. HEF-MG96

willyphixitt
MGF Register Region: Elsewhere
Model of Car: 2006(reg) TF135

Post by willyphixitt » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:38 pm

I can concur with the postings already made about MGF20. Jacquie and I had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Many, many thanks to all those that worked so hard at making the event memorable. Meeting up with some of contributers to this website was just great. It's so nice to be able to put faces to names. I just wished I'd bumped into more of you.

MG has lived up to its name of being the marque of friendship.

Note to myself - I must try harder at getting over more often.

willyphixitt

Db09
MGF Register Region: Cotswolds
Model of Car: Volcano orange f

Post by Db09 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:18 pm

Many thanks for a well planned and well run mgf20 guys
We both had a great time .
Many thanks for having George in the time line .
The whole event was fantastic good to see so many f's in one place . Made some new friends and put faces to names .
The run on Sunday was good for me getting a chance to see the mgf project cars was something I've always wanted to see .
You should all be proud of the event
Once more many thanks
Bob and Diane .

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:33 am

Thank you for allowing us to use your car Bob :thumbsu:
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Fast Jan
MGF Register Region: South Wales
Model of Car: Typhoon TF160

Post by Fast Jan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:13 am

I'm a bit late in posting my thanks on here, but great weekend for MGF20 - and a big thumbs up for the camping facilities. We got a few funny looks from workers collecting their cars from the car park (camp site) on the Friday afternoon as we were starting to pitch, but also a fair few compliments on the cars.

Thanks to all those involved in making the weekend what it was (including who ever it was that arranged the weather) :)