Hard Top Relay 2016

A listing of up and coming events and latest register news.

Moderator: Committee Members

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Hard Top Relay 2016

Post by adrianclifford » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:20 pm

Yes, we're doing it again (why not it raises money for charity). At our committee meeting, along with many other things we have decided, as we still have it, to run the event again. It was fun when we ran it before taking a donated hard top all around the UK and parts of Western Europe swapping it from one car to another and taking pictures of it at various known locations. Drivers donated money for the charity to take part, we also created a journal which was purchased, again raising more money, so what about this year ?

It will be cleaned and suitably adorned with charity logos ready for the start which will be from the MGF Register stand at Stoneleigh.

I will coordinate the activities and schedule so as many people as possible can take it for a drive and take pictures with a suitable backdrop. I need to make sure it is at our major events such as MGLive, MG Era Brooklands, Uxbridge Car Show, Cholmondley, Donnington, MG's in the Park, the Tour de Lux and the Neiderrhein Tour finishing, maybe, at the Thames Bridges and Tunnels where it may retire and be sold, again for charity.

It's up to you if you want to join in please let me know as I'll be making it's diary this week. I'll need to know where you are, as you may need to collect and deliver, the more people the easier it will be of course. If you have a particular request and date please let me know.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

ErikB
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MGF PTP RT-Sport 165

Re: Hard Top Relay 2016

Post by ErikB » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:03 am

Always loved the idea.
If you need to have it cross some borders, let me know.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:03 pm

Thanks Erik, it was good fun last time. Are you on the Tour de Lux this year ? Dawn and I will bring it and take it back on the Monday. It will be at MGLive, maybe you could take it from there but you don't usually come in an F do you ?, then we need to get it back to the UK as we won't be back until the TdL. It will be back for the Neiderrhein Tour in August.

Are you coming over for the Thames Bridges and Tunnels in September ?

If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Kasper
Model of Car: MGF vvc

Post by Kasper » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:31 am

Tempting, as it was great fun being the final continental driver with the hard top fitted last time.
MGFvvc - 90FVBG - charcoal - you might think it is original - (1996 nr:8204)
MGTF 120 - 57RNJ7 - BRG - every day is an MG day - (2005)
MGC CGT - SJ08DY - tartan red - 1985 restauration fairly original - (1968 nr: 4137)

http://www.MGF.be

ppo
Regional Rep

Post by ppo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:15 pm

Adrian, we should talk about this with Eric in Stoneleigh.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:08 pm

Of course Pascal, I will be on the stand most of the morning and not far away the rest of the day. Ask anybody there to call me if I'm not there when you are.

The plan would be, as we did on the Neiderrhein Tour, to bring it from the UK on my TF. I'll hand it to you on Friday night or Saturday morning. If you and Eric can arrange with the other drivers to take it for a short distance ( Eric would need to find suitable change over points) then at the end of the event we will bring it home again ready for the next British car.

The charity donation can be made in cash to me in Euros and I will pay it in Pounds when I get home. We will agree the final amount and enter it in to the diary that will be kept through it's tour.

I ask those taking part to write a few words and show where it has been and take pictures.

If anybody else wants to take part, please let me know so I can plan a schedule for it.

nigelandjo
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: TF85th,TF135,Trophy

Post by nigelandjo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:37 pm

Count us in :)
Nigel May
Somerset & Dorset Regional Rep, Membership Secretary, Registrar & Archivist
Email: somerset.dorset@mgfregister.org
members@mgfregister.org

MGCC Members register here: https://mgfregister.org/?page_id=319

MrNatural
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF Trophy 160 x 2

Post by MrNatural » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:24 pm

We are in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire and wouldclike to join in if possible :-)
Kevin

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:50 pm

Thanks Kevin, I'll add you to the list.

I knew you would be there Nigel.

TimM
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF VVC MY2000

Post by TimM » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:34 pm

We'd really like it at MG Era Day at Brooklands on April 10th if possible and then we can take it for a little tour around the South East region for a couple of weeks or so?

Tim Morris
President MGCC MGF Register
FasTForward Editor; Safety Fast columnist; South East Regional Representative

2000 MGF VVC ; 1981 MGBGT LE; 2006 MG ZR

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:32 pm

Tim, that should be OK, Pete's taking it to Lands End and around the south west straight from Stoneleigh, with Nigel's help that should keep it busy for three weeks. We may have to find somebody from the south west or south coast who can bring it to Brooklands or closer and I'll find somebody to collect it, maybe from your region as you're closer.

Any takers, you know the start of this event ?

Dave J
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: Poseidon TF160

Post by Dave J » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:50 am

Hi Everyone
Just an idea at 4:45 am at work :thumbsd: .. If I can find one of my members who wants to pick it up and have it for some time .. they could pick it up from the Thames Valley guys and then when its time pass it on to Adrians Essex guys.

Dave
herts@mgfregister.org

2004 monogram Poseidon TF160
2003 monogram Lagoon TF135
2017 MG3

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:06 pm

That's what I'm hoping for David, I need the regions to take the lead on this.

I know TV will want it at the Uxbridge Show so I'm trying to get it where it needs to be, when it needs to be there, a bit of a juggling act at best.

redbeard57
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF 85th LE, MGF We

Post by redbeard57 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:56 am

happy to get involved up north here….May possibly for the Cheshire Candles event??

John W
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: MGTF 80th Anniversar

Post by John W » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:01 pm

Just in case new members/entrants are not aware of the previous event....
The 2012 hardtop Relay Blog
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11485&hilit=hardtop+relay
Hardtop Relay1.jpg
MG 80th Anniversary TF 1420 of 1600, Colour Starlight Silver

Dave J
Regional Rep

Post by Dave J » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:20 pm

adrianclifford wrote:That's what I'm hoping for David, I need the regions to take the lead on this.

I know TV will want it at the Uxbridge Show so I'm trying to get it where it needs to be, when it needs to be there, a bit of a juggling act at best.
Hi Adrian

Uxbridge Show would be a good change over for Thames Valley and Herts & NL or vice versa ?? ... would be great if Guide Dogs could attend too with some Dogs as im sure we could raise a lot of money for them at this event :D

Dave
herts@mgfregister.org

2017 MG3

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:48 pm

Martin is making contact with the charity, I have spoken to the London agent to get dogs and handlers at the start of the Tunnels & Bridges.

Ask Martin about this and maybe find the area co-ordinator yourself and see, I think they are a charity that would enjoy this as it's good experience and training for the dogs.

Dave J
Regional Rep

Post by Dave J » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:07 pm

adrianclifford wrote:Martin is making contact with the charity, I have spoken to the London agent to get dogs and handlers at the start of the Tunnels & Bridges.

Ask Martin about this and maybe find the area co-ordinator yourself and see, I think they are a charity that would enjoy this as it's good experience and training for the dogs.
Already liaised with Guide Dogs and our Local area Guide dogs representative .. a lovely Lady called Lisa ;) and have a nice Guide dog T shirt with the H & NL logo added to it .. plus sorted our display sign out while busy on nights at work ;)

Dave
herts@mgfregister.org

2017 MG3

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:15 pm

Well done David.

Androlyn
MGF Register Region: South Coast

Post by Androlyn » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:05 pm

I would help out if you need me to, based in East Hampshire so if I can help let me know.
Andrew