MG Car Club end of season Dinner: 21st October

A listing of up and coming events and latest register news.

Moderator: Committee Members

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

MG Car Club end of season Dinner: 21st October

Post by Keith Williams » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:55 pm

[attachment=0]2107-awards-dinner-edit-1024x768.jpg[/attachment]

On Saturday 21st October the MG Car Club is hosting a Members only Gala end-of-season dinner at the De Vere Staverton Estate, Daventry Rd, Daventry, NN11 6JT. Timed to coincide with the October Council meeting, the Dinner will host the Club’s end-of-season awards, including the prestigious Gold Cup and the Member of the Year Award. Alongside this will be new awards celebrating the Club’s centres, registers and branches.

Tickets for the dinner are available at £35 a head from the Club’s online shop – https://shop.mgcc.co.uk/ or from Lauran at Kimber House – 01235 849735 or lauran@mgcc.co.uk Dinner will be three courses, followed by a short presentation of awards. We are currently planning some additional entertainment, and will announce more details shortly.

Rooms are available from the hotel directly, at an exclusive rate of £79.00 per room per night. We have reserved 20 rooms for members attending the Council meeting and/or the dinner, but can increase this number if needed. To make a reservation, please call the hotel directly on 0871 222 4816 and quote MGCA211017.

We hope to see as many members as possible with us for the dinner and if you’re bringing a partner who has no involvement with Council, they’ll be well catered for during the day on Saturday – Staverton Park boasts a gym, swimming pool and 18-hole golf course. The hotel has offered the Club beneficial rates for the course if members wish to take advantage of the greens. We are happy to look into arranging an additional activity or trip for partners during the Saturday, but this will depend on the level of interest. Please inform Lauran on 01235 849735 or lauran@mgcc.co.uk if your partner would be interested.

If there is enough interest, we should be able to organise a table or two for the MGF Register.
Attachments
2107-awards-dinner-edit-1024x768.jpg
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

Keith Williams

Re: MG Car Club end of season Dinner: 21st October

Post by Keith Williams » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Celebrate in style this October .......

There’s just a few short weeks to the Club’s Gala Dinner on October 21st and time is running out for you to snap up your tickets!

The evening will be MC’d by Practical Classics Editor Danny Hopkins who alongside Club Chairman Ian Quarrington, will be handing out the Club’s most prestigious awards such as Member of the Year and the iconic Nuffield Gold Cup.

The dinner is being held at the De Vere Staverton Estate – a venue that boasts an 18-hole championship standard golf course, full Spa facilities and much much more.

This is a fantastic opportunity to come together with your fellow members and celebrate a fantastic year for the Club – you can book your tickets via the MG Car Club online shop now – we look forward to seeing you there.

Dave_T
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: TF160 Shot Silk

Post by Dave_T » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:02 am

We'll be there ;) :thumbsu:
Dave T.

05 MY Shot Silk. TF160 (& silly grin whilst driving it!)
MG Car Club Director and MGF Register Committee member

Keith Williams

Post by Keith Williams » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:34 am

Booked the meal and hotel room for myself today :-)

Anyone else from the MGF Register going to join us for the AGM late afternoon and/or the meal in the evening?

Pete & Lin
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: 2001 1.8i

Post by Pete & Lin » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:57 am

We'll be there to represent the D&C Region and D&C Centre ;)
MGF Register Regional Rep. for Devon & Cornwall

MGF MK2 1.8i - Old English White
MGZS SUV - Dynamic Red

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MGFDandC

janiepb
Committee Member
Model of Car: MGF's

Post by janiepb » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:35 am

:D We will be coming as well
Loud & Proud ... TT Exhaust, oh, and don't forget Zip :D

Keith Williams

Post by Keith Williams » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:51 pm

The evening went very well last night and everyone seemed to have a good time. We had a MGF Register table and were joined by Cherina & Ineke from the Kimber House team. The starter and pudding was great but we won't talk about the Pork Belly main course Image How can you get something so wrong?

Congratulations have to go to the MGC Register for winning the Gold Cup for 2017. We got our hands on it for a while and a drink of champagne out of it but another year it was not ours.

[attachment=0]IMG_0108.JPG[/attachment]

Member of the year went to Darren Allsworth who is a leading helper at MGLive! He works all weekend in the background and supports the team at the main shows in set up and break down.

Dave Saunders won a new award started this year, which I have forgotten the name of, for his services to the club.
[Edited now with correct name]

The night ended with an interesting talk from the editor of Practical Classis before retiring to the bar. Hopefully, this will now be a annual event.
Attachments
IMG_0108.JPG

TimM
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF VVC MY2000

Post by TimM » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:54 pm

At least we got our hands on it! I think our ship sailed a long time ago on that one! I'm sure the MGC Register deserved it.

Tim Morris
President MGCC MGF Register
FasTForward Editor; Safety Fast columnist; South East Regional Representative

2000 MGF VVC ; 1981 MGBGT LE; 2006 MG ZR

Pete & Lin
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: 2001 1.8i

Post by Pete & Lin » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:37 am

The ' Pork Belly' was something else - mine was sent back, only to be replaced with another one which was marginally better.

Lin, Cherina and Ineke who all had the veggie option which was Broccoli and White Sauce pie served with more Broccoli on the side :lol:

* Correction on the new award Keith - it was awarded to Dave Saunders not Ron Gammons
MGF Register Regional Rep. for Devon & Cornwall

MGF MK2 1.8i - Old English White
MGZS SUV - Dynamic Red

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MGFDandC

Keith Williams

Re: RE: Re: MG Car Club end of season Dinner: 21st October

Post by Keith Williams » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:00 am

Pete & Lin wrote:The ' Pork Belly' was something else - mine was sent back, only to be replaced with another one which was marginally better.

Lin, Cherina and Ineke who all had the veggie option which was Broccoli and White Sauce pie served with more Broccoli on the side Image

* Correction on the new award Keith - it was awarded to Dave Saunders not Ron Gammons
Thanks for the correction Pete. :oops:
I did not sleep at all on the Saturday night but not sure how I mixed up the two people so much other than they are both heavily involved with the racing. Caught up with some sleep yesterday afternoon but really needed a duvet day today instead of work. Corrected my original post too.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk