Sad news - MGLive! will be rested in 2019

A listing of up and coming events and latest register news.

Moderator: Committee Members

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Sad news - MGLive! will be rested in 2019

Post by Keith Williams » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:46 am

Sad news has been released by Kimber House today concerning MGLive! 2019

IMPORTANT MGLIVE! UPDATED STATEMENT

Firstly, we know it is April Fools Day, but we wanted to make good our promise to share an update as soon as possible. Please rest assured this is 100% accurate.

We’d again like to thank the members of the Club for their overwhelming support and all their many suggestions of venues and introductions to venues up and down the country.

The support from venues, classic car events and the classic car community has been truly awe-inspiring and all we can say is we are incredibly grateful and thanks to everyone involved for all their support and help.

The Club has been incredibly determined to try and find an alternative solution for MGLive! this year and sadly, the deeper we have delved into all of the options - different venues, dates, hosting an entertainment only event - the less feasible putting on MGLive! in 2019 has looked.

It has been incredibly challenging to find a venue that has capacity to hold a race and/or entertainment event in the peak of the season, with the capability to put on a large scale event in such a challengingly tight timeframe.

We’ve spoken to a number of venues; and it has become very clear that moving the entire event at short notice just isn’t possible and the sad decision has been made to rest MGLive! for 2019 as a final resort.

Ticket Holders will be contacted directly by the Club and issued full refunds automatically before the 15th April 2019.

Video Statement from Adam Sloman, General Manager of MG Car Club below. https://youtu.be/EKDYVOHtBHc

Full Statement & FAQ here: https://www.mgcc.co.uk/important-mglive ... ment-monda…/

Once again, thanks for your ongoing support.
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

c13amb
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF 135

Re: Sad news - MGLive! will be rested in 2019

Post by c13amb » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:13 pm

Dissapointing news but understandable under the circumstances. I hope the club is able to provide a more substantial presence at other MG and classic events throughout the year now some funds could be spread around a bit more?
Regards next year i hope more effort is put in to making it a bit different from content to venue etc!! And not to just sit back and and wait for the obvious annual routine☺!
My cars..MY04 '54 MGTF135 in Yas Marina Blue!!!

MY13'63 AUDI Q7 S-LINE 3Ltr. In ibis white!!!

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Post by talkingcars » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:49 pm

Sad news but I wish the organisers good luck with finding an ALTERNATIVE venue for next year.
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

David Dixon

Post by David Dixon » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:25 am

Must be very disappointing and annoying for those that had travel and accommodation booked especially for those travelling from outside the UK. MG Live imo should alternate venues year on year similar to the Brtish Open (golf) championship. Staying at Silverstone with the late announcement of the actual dates, because of the F1 circus and now this cancellation, is no longer acceptable. It will be interesting to see if their is a focus shift in attendance to other main MG events this summer, it is after all MG's 95th anniversay year.
Last edited by David Dixon on Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

c13amb

Post by c13amb » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:37 am

Just a thought going forward from here..would it not be an idea to have a poll/questionaire to ask MGCC members what they would like to happen,now that more time is available to organize changes?
My cars..MY04 '54 MGTF135 in Yas Marina Blue!!!

MY13'63 AUDI Q7 S-LINE 3Ltr. In ibis white!!!