CHAIRMAN'S WEEKEND 2020

A listing of up and coming events and latest register news.

Moderator: Committee Members

Worzel
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley
Model of Car: MY2000 MGF 1.8

CHAIRMAN'S WEEKEND 2020

Post by Worzel » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:23 pm

Hi

It is with pleasure to announce the details for this years Chairman's Weekend, and for this year the weekend has a fresh new look and style :D
The eagle-eyed of you will notice there is no AGM, I know, you'll all be so disappointed ;)

We will be meeting up from 11am at the Wilson Atwell Museum on the Saturday, then drive down to The George Hotel in Frome in the afternoon for an overnight stay. Meals are available.
On the Sunday, after breakfast we will depart to drive to the Haynes Motor Museum.

We have obtained reduced admission fees for both museums, and they are both looking forward to welcoming us there.

Rooms have not been reserved, so are on a first come basis.

Email Ian to get full booking details and Booking Code. Please include your member number when emailing.

There is a £10 entry fee per car for the Saturday and/or Sunday drives, and this is to be paid via the Online Shop. Price will include Rally Plate and route instructions, with profits going to the 2020 charity.
Chairmans Weekend 2020 Flyer.jpg
Ian "Worzel" Wright

MGF Register - Chairman & National Events
MGF Register - Regional Rep (Thames Valley)

Email: chair@mgfregister.org
Email: thames.valley@mgfregister.org
Mobile: 07793 002190

Worzel

Re: CHAIRMAN'S WEEKEND 2020

Post by Worzel » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:25 am

You can now register your cars for the Saturday and/or Sunday drives to & from the hotel in Frome.

In pure MGF Register Events style, they are both via the scenic, very long way round routes :thumbsu:
On Saturday you'll be taking in Marlborough and the Downs, and on Sunday you'll be driving through the Cheddar Gorge.

To book your place, please go to the MGF Register Online Shop, and is only £10 per car for either or both days.
Ian "Worzel" Wright

paulg
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: TF135 MY2005

Post by paulg » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:02 pm

Big vote of thanks to Ian for organising another great weekend. Great driving roads and the only narrow bits were our own (or the satnav's) fault. Really enjoyed the Wilson Atwell Museum which we had virtually to ourselves & they even provided a nice warm room for our picnic lunch. The Haynes Museum is on a very different scale and well worth a further visit to spend more time there. Big thank-you also to Martin Smith who welcomed us to his premises with tea, sarnies, and cake - what's not to like! Hotel in the centre of Frome was excellent and very good value for money with great food. Lovely scenic old town made a pleasant setting and we had fun trying to park in their small underground car park - lots of manoeuvring but most cars managed to squeeze in.

Worzel

Post by Worzel » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:31 am

Thank you Paul for your most kind words, and glad that you both enjoyed the weekend and it was a pleasure having your company and support once again. I thought that my idea of the new format with the two visits on each day worked really well and made it a full weekend.
Ian "Worzel" Wright