MGF25 - IMPORTANT - Annoucement from our Chairman

A listing of up and coming events and latest register news.

Moderator: Committee Members

janiepb
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF's

MGF25 - IMPORTANT - Annoucement from our Chairman

Post by janiepb » Sat May 23, 2020 3:48 pm

Dear MGF Register member,

MGF25 - British Motor Museum, 25th July

I trust that you are keeping well during this difficult time.
It is with much sadness that I write following an MGF Register committee meeting earlier today, to advise you that we have regrettably taken the decision to postpone MGF25. The decision has not been taken lightly, but in coming to the decision we took into account:
• the current situation where we don’t know if events such as ours will be permitted to take place in July,
• at the present time with the 2-week quarantine period for anyone coming in to the country, this would stop our friends from Europe and further afield from attending,
• you yourselves may not feel comfortable attending a large event even if we were permitted to hold the event,
• in planning the event, we want as many people to attend as possible to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the MGF.

As a committee we felt that we had no option and it was better to postpone the event now, rather than closer to the date. The good news is that we have booked the British Motor Museum for Saturday 24th July 2021 when we trust that we will be able to hold the event that we were planning to celebrate the 25th birthday of the MGF. We hope that you will be able to attend, so please book the date in your diary.

The British Motor Museum will contact everyone who has purchased entrance tickets and ask if you wish to transfer the ticket to next year’s event or seek a refund. Similarly, if you have purchased tickets for the evening meal and / or the Sunday road run these will be transferred to next year’s event. If however you wish to receive a refund please contact our Treasurer Philip treasurer@mgfregister.org to request a refund.

I appreciate that this is not the news that you wanted to hear, but I trust that you understand the reasons the committee has made this decision and we look forward to welcoming you to MGF25 in 2021. In the meantime, stay safe and I look forward to seeing you at Gaydon in July 2021.
With best wishes,

Nigel
Nigel May
MG Car Club MGF Register Chair
Loud & Proud ... TT Exhaust, oh, and don't forget Zip :D

c13amb
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF 135

Re: MGF25 - IMPORTANT - Annoucement from our Chairman

Post by c13amb » Sat May 23, 2020 4:19 pm

Big shame :thumbsd:

Let's hope MG Live manages to get another slot later on...not holding my breath though!!! What a year :roll: :roll:
My cars..MY04 '54 MGTF135 in Yas Marina Blue!!!

MY13'63 AUDI Q7 S-LINE 3Ltr. In ibis white!!!

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Re: MGF25 - IMPORTANT - Annoucement from our Chairman

Post by talkingcars » Sat May 23, 2020 8:57 pm

That's good news Nigel. I am looking foward to MGF 25 but wouldn't have gone if it had remained or the original date.
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com