Welcome to the Heart of England for
Warwickshire, Birmingham & surrounds.

Moderator: Steve White

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Re: June events

Post by Keith Williams » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:12 pm

A real interesting mix of cars there Steve. Where do they hide all these cars most of the time I wonder? :)
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

petevick
MGF Register Region: East Anglia

Post by petevick » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:12 pm

Steve White wrote:Few pics from the 'wheels' meet last night.

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g102/ ... 10/Wheels/
bit like the Ashby Foilville (sp) we went to last year then, excellent stuff
Pete Vickerstaff
MG F/TF Central - your one stop shop for MGF/TF tips, tricks, faq's, how to's and links

Keith Williams

Post by Keith Williams » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:09 pm

Will have to do Ashby Foilville again this year - but earlier in the year so we have more day light to see the cars better. Need to get there earlier too, to ensure we get that pork roast before it all runs out again :thumbsu:

petevick

Post by petevick » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:23 pm

Keith Williams wrote:.......Need to get there earlier too, to ensure we get that pork roast before it all runs out again :thumbsu:
I got mine :lol:
Pete Vickerstaff
MG F/TF Central - your one stop shop for MGF/TF tips, tricks, faq's, how to's and links

Keith Williams

Post by Keith Williams » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:40 am

MG in the Trees - tomorrow

Hope to see a few of you there tomorrow. Looks like we will need a life boat or two around as weather is not looking good on the forecast :thumbsd:

I had an email from Jerry H (SWMGF) concerning the charity run to Abingdon Museum next month asking 'If any one who can't make the run next month and would still like to make a donation to the fund they can pass it on through me or direct to Jerry'. The SWMGF have got press interest for the event which will start the fund off to get a permanent exhibit in the museum for the MG car. Anyone who would like to make a donation can pass it on either tomorrow or at the natter next weekend or as a 'promise' for when you see me next.

Keith Williams

Post by Keith Williams » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:08 pm

MGs in the trees was an excellent day out and the weather held out for topless motoring all day even though the trees branches and fallen trees added to the excitement of the runs. Two circular runs out of Cannock Chase and back gave the assorted MGs a good work out. A real mix of cars - some stunning SVs there. Nice to see such a good turn out of F/TFs.

A good start with an included bacon sandwhich - well I got two - a bonus at last of not having a co-driver :thumbsu: My run took me down to the Ironbridge Gorge. Both routes ran in opposite directions at the start so had plenty of chances to wave at other MGs. Most though seemed to be on the 'other' run, even my brother got the opposite route. Nice touch was a photo taken at the start was included in the programme of the day, so by the time we returned to the start we had our own personalised programme.

Well worth putting the day in your diary for next year

petevick

Post by petevick » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:26 pm

sounds like you had a good day Keith, some good pics on .org ;)

.........I spent the day repairing concrete.......yep, I bet your jealous ain't ya :roll:
Pete Vickerstaff