Welcome to the Heart of England for
Warwickshire, Birmingham & surrounds.

Moderator: Steve White

Jonniey
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF

1st relaxed drive in my first MGF

Post by Jonniey » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:56 pm

i bought my first MGF MPi{X reg 2000} last friday night, after getting the insurance sorted proper, and a nice dry sunny Sunday, i took her out for a drive with the roof down, first thing i noticed was it's a bit scuttle rattley, thinking i must find a way of stiffening it up, second thing i noticed was, theres a knock from the near side front on full lock, i'm thinking track rod end, ball joint, or bush? must get the front end up and have a look.
theres a small amount of body work to do, front lower edge of front wings need repair, but i might be more cost active to buy two wings of the right colour {mnx} and bolt them on, they seem cheap enough, theres a small dent on the off side rear arch to be done, and a bloody good service.
Question, being a 2000 model will it have a distributor cap or coils?
heres a couple of pics from yesterday. PS: she has been christened Penelope by errr indoors :roll:
http://www.facebook.com/penelopemgf
MGF 1.8i MK2 2000 model

stuart
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: TF160

Re: 1st relaxed drive in my first MGF

Post by stuart » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:36 pm

Nice looking car mate! :thumbsu: not a bad list of jobs either- should be ship shape in time for the spring
Stuart

'02 TF 160 - an Original MG Rover Group Press Car...and still lookin' sharp!

Bilstein Shocks, Z&F Remap, B&G Coolant Alarm, Glass Rear Screen, Braided Hoses, Bling-free at the moment...but that'll probably change

Jonniey
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF

Re: 1st relaxed drive in my first MGF

Post by Jonniey » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:22 pm

thaks Stuart, looking forward to participating at some meets and shows from the spring onwards :thumbsu:
http://www.facebook.com/penelopemgf
MGF 1.8i MK2 2000 model