Welcome to the Heart of England for
Warwickshire, Birmingham & surrounds.

Moderator: Steve White

Jonniey
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF

Penelope's Progress {maintenance} Sundays tinkering

Post by Jonniey » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:19 am

Yesterday Sat, i did a little maintenance work on Penelope. I have maintained many normal configuration cars but this is my first mid engined car and quite challenging and time consuming but a new learning curve is always a challenge :D
Penelope is a year 2000 on the X MGF 1.8 MPi, NON ABS elec windows & mirrors, Cloth interia
I will be using this thread as Penelope's Maintenance record and any upgrades
i have a few other jobs
22-2-14, Spark plugs and Air filter renewed
28-2-14 Ignition leads renewed, frond Disks @ pads renewed

As i'm doing little jobs i am finding things out and parts fitted, and i'm getting more intrigued courious

Whilst renewing the the front brakes, i gave the subframe a good looking over and there is very little surface rust and all looks in good order :)
also reading through posts i'm learning stuff, but this is what i found while changing the ignition leads
Theres a 52mm throttle body fitted and an aluminium inlet manifold, Now as she looks likes a base model i'm sure this are not standard fittings from the factory, Could someone shread any light on these parts and what performance if any these parts may produce??
Last edited by Jonniey on Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
http://www.facebook.com/penelopemgf
MGF 1.8i MK2 2000 model

Helsbyman
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF V V C

Re: Penelope's Progress {maintenance upgrades ect}

Post by Helsbyman » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:18 pm

Hi What is pen, F or TF and how old [I know I know don't ask a lady's age ha]
Bilstein dampers, 4-2-1 manifold, Head work by Sabre,stainless steel under floor pipes, MGMAINA moded alternator bracket,silicon hoses, Torque tamer, JAYLAD servo bracket, Pro race 1.2 wheels
PETROL BY SHELL :D

Jonniey

Re: Penelope's Progress {maintenance upgrades ect}

Post by Jonniey » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:41 pm

Helsbyman wrote:Hi What is pen, F or TF and how old [I know I know don't ask a lady's age ha]
Penelope is a year 2000 on the X, she is a 1.8 MPi, in Silver {mmx} with cloth seats {leather will be purchased}
MGF 1.8i MK2 2000 model

Jonniey

Re: Penelope's Progress {maintenance} Seat Upgrade

Post by Jonniey » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:37 am

Yesterday i did a couple of upgrades, i junked the fabric seats and replaced them with black leather, The roof straps arrived yesterday along with som screw head caps and a set of 45 degree grease nipples, the screw caps were fitted and the roof straps to stop the roof locking up when lowered
below are some pics

Old cloth seat & leather

Seats fitted

Goodies arrived in the post
MGF 1.8i MK2 2000 model

Jonniey

Re: Penelope's Progress {maintenance} Leather Fitted

Post by Jonniey » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:58 pm

Just a little Sunday afternoon update, LED side lights fitted, LED footwell lights fitted,
Theres been like a plastic rattle behind me on the right hand side as i drive, it sounds like a plastic cove, so i investigated and found that whoever had worked on the car in the pashas left a bolt out of the cam cover, as i do not have a spare bolt i have gaffer taped it to stop it rattling, a quick blast up the road and noise has gone :)
Shopping list added to, Bolt set to buy and fit bolts
Leather seats are now soaking in leather feed and will be buffed tomorrow after work
MGF 1.8i MK2 2000 model