Welcome to the Heart of England for
Warwickshire, Birmingham & surrounds.

Moderator: Steve White

Jonniey
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF

New rear tyres & a lil trip with pics

Post by Jonniey » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:29 pm

8.30am today i had Toyo tyres fitted the rear wheels and i must say the Toyo's have transformed the F :D i decided to for a little run which turned into a longer run than i anticipated, Birmingham to Twywn, Aberdovey, and back to Birmingham, via Bwlch-Oerddrws (or Cold Door Pass) is 1200 ft above sea level, a good climb,after reading all the problems the F & TF have, this run has boosted my confidence in my F. :)
this may be a bit pic heavy, but here are some pics
http://www.facebook.com/penelopemgf
MGF 1.8i MK2 2000 model

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Re: New rear tyres & a lil trip with pics

Post by talkingcars » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:32 am

Nice one - we went for a little run but the south downs on the way to Worthing aren't as dramatic.
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

stuart
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: TF160

Post by stuart » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:41 am

Ah fab! Nice day out ay? Great pics, nice to see a well sorted F photographed under clear blue skies- roll on the summer
Stuart

'02 TF 160 - an Original MG Rover Group Press Car...and still lookin' sharp!

Bilstein Shocks, Z&F Remap, B&G Coolant Alarm, Glass Rear Screen, Braided Hoses, Bling-free at the moment...but that'll probably change

Jonniey

Post by Jonniey » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:21 am

stuart wrote:Ah fab! Nice day out ay? Great pics, nice to see a well sorted F photographed under clear blue skies- roll on the summer
I have to say, getting the Continentals off the back and replacing them with Toyo tyres with extra load has made a huge positive difference.
The south Downs makes for some good sots :thumbsu:
MGF 1.8i MK2 2000 model

stuart
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: TF160

Post by stuart » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:51 pm

Toyos really do transform these cars, glad you're enjoying it to the fullest
Stuart

'02 TF 160 - an Original MG Rover Group Press Car...and still lookin' sharp!

Bilstein Shocks, Z&F Remap, B&G Coolant Alarm, Glass Rear Screen, Braided Hoses, Bling-free at the moment...but that'll probably change

daz
Model of Car: mg less :(

Post by daz » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:10 pm

I think I flashed you in Tywyn, I was in a white qashqai though & flashed before I realised which car I was in :lol: we spend most weekends around Tywyn, dovey & Mach, we stopped for lunch at the pen y bont hotel next to talyllnn lake today & parked in the same spot. Small world

IMG_0343_tonemappedold.jpg

Jonniey

Post by Jonniey » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:35 am

daz wrote:I think I flashed you in Tywyn, I was in a white qashqai though & flashed before I realised which car I was in :lol: we spend most weekends around Tywyn, dovey & Mach, we stopped for lunch at the pen y bont hotel next to talyllnn lake today & parked in the same spot. Small world
Small world indeed :lol: we looked for MG's to acknowolage but only saw 1 midget in Aberdovey when we were sat having a slice of lemon drizzle cake and a pot of tea, Elaine {other half} wants to that trip again in a couple weeks, our paths might cross :thumbsu:
I did think, wouldn't it be nice if half a dozen or so MG's were together on that run, once off the A5 and past welshpool it's a fantastic driving road
MGF 1.8i MK2 2000 model

daz
Model of Car: mg less :(

Post by daz » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:13 am

it's a very nice drive, if you don't get stuck behind tractors & caravans, oh & the people who go flat out on the straight & 10mph round the corners, that's my pet hate at the moment along with the people who flash at you like mad when you overtake them.

Geoff.F

Post by Geoff.F » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:51 pm

You may be glad to get worn Continentals off the back and find Toyos marvellous but they will never be as good as new Continentals or other premium tyres that were available.
Our current problem is that we fitted our Marangoni winter Tyres to drive around Switzerland and must remember to slow down on corners as they do not have the grip at 18 - 20 Degrees as the OEM summer Goodyear GS-D02s. At least we hope not to have to fit the Snow Chains.
Geoff F.