New Boy

Welcome to the Heart of England for
Warwickshire, Birmingham & surrounds.

Moderator: Steve White

Trunkster
MGF Register Region: Midlands

New Boy

Post by Trunkster » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:42 pm

Hi guys just bought my first mg so thought I would join in and say Hi. I have a s reg mgf with a mgtf body ie bumpers lights grill etc and well chuffed. Saw it on flea bay and was only a couple of miles away in Wolverhampton so I thought why not? A couple of questions, first the rear screen needs to be replaced. I see on eBay there are a couple of people who do it by post can anybody recommend one? Aldridge trimming want £120 so twice the ebay price. Don't want to go down the glass window rought just yet. What is the best way to wash the roof? First rag top so don't want yo spoil it. It looks a canvas type fabric. And finally for now any insurance recommendations. Adrian Flux well overpriced and won't cover it as as classic. Thanx in advance! :D

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Re: New Boy

Post by talkingcars » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:04 pm

Hi and welcome

Someone with better advice than I can offer we be along soon.

James
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

cavaddict
MGF Register Region: Elsewhere

New Boy

Post by cavaddict » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:22 pm

Hi Trunkster.
I had my rear screen replaced by an upholsterer in Loughborough. Worthwhile just ringing around a few places. Mine was £70. I had an Auto Glym wash and proof kit given to me and it seemed to work pretty well. As far as insurance goes, I've used Chris Knott and Adrian Flux, but you have to watch them because once you're not a new customer they whack the price up the following year!! I really hate that. I haven't tried Peter Best yet, but they do have a good name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike H
MGF Register Region: Cotswolds
Model of Car: 2010 MGTF135

Re: New Boy

Post by Mike H » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:33 am

Hi and welcome.

The one recommendation for a rear screen, from years ago, was a lady called Sonia Morris who offered a rear screen replacement service either at her premises or by return post. Never had occasion to use her myself but was highly recommended by those who did. I haven't heard anything of her for the last couple of years, but there is still a page posted here on mgfcentral if of interest.
Audi TTS owner
Former MGTF 135 owner
Former TF 160 Sprint owner
Former ZS180 owner
Former MGF owner