Welcome to the Heart of England for
Warwickshire, Birmingham & surrounds.

Moderator: Steve White

webba
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: 1.8vvc

Anybody in Nottingham ?

Post by webba » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:25 am

I once read someware that there was regular MG meets at Watnall but I now cant find where I read that. are there any MGF heads in Nottingham especially ones that like to get a bit technical ? I am a bit of a tech geek and I am looking to see if there are any others local to me.

Ady

ajcarobson
Model of Car: TF LE500

Re: Anybody in Nottingham ?

Post by ajcarobson » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi. I have been trying for the past couple of years to locate any MGCC Natters in the Notts area, as the Midland Centre currently has none there. I have also emailed every MGCC member with a Notts post code (and an accurate email address on file at Kimber House!) to suggest that some of those members might like to establish a new Natter if none exist. To date, I've had a couple of replies, and no-one has expressed any interest in starting a new Natter. From what I can gather, it seems a lot of Notts members go across the county line to Lincolnshire Natters, which is a great shame. If you or anyone else in the Register finds any Natters in Nottinghamshire (or starts any new ones), please do let me know.

Cheers

Andy Robson
MGCC Midland Centre Secretary

rus82
Model of Car: 1996 1.8i

Post by rus82 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:27 pm

Hi guys, I know this is a fairly old post, but I was wondering if Anthony came of it? I've just joined the forum and in the process of joining the MGCC. I had a look at the Lincs bit as I work out in the sticks but Boston is a long old treck........

If there is any thing going on in Notts I'd love to join in, or if anyone wants a hand to get anything off the ground I have a fair bit of time and enthusiasm.

Chris Tideswell
Model of Car: TF 135

Post by Chris Tideswell » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:52 pm

It's long been noted that there is a lack of coverage of MGCC natters in Notts and Derbyshire, however there is nothing to stop anyone starting one. If you need advice let me know.

rus82
Model of Car: 1996 1.8i

Post by rus82 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:26 pm

Once I have got fully joined up and a little more time on my hands ( should be fairly shortly) I will look at doing a couple of bits to test the water. I've had some experience with the Saab and BMW owners clubs, the latter of the 2 was not a good experience! But it's worth seeing how much support would be in the area, and what people want from a natter. Thanks Chris for the reply and maybe something will come of it.

Andycolm

Post by Andycolm » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:52 pm

There is a new one started up by a guy called Peter Harley near Southwell, for some reason the advertising for it seems to be non existant from the CC, but it is definately there... I went to the first one last month.
The Cross Keys, Main Street, Upton, Newark-on-Trent NG23 5SY (near to Southwell)
2nd Tuesday of each month at 19:30 onwards.
Would be great to see anyone who fancies coming along.

Keith Williams
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Post by Keith Williams » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:57 pm

Andycolm wrote:There is a new one started up by a guy called Peter Harley near Southwell, for some reason the advertising for it seems to be non existant from the CC,
This natter was proposed on the Midlands Centre Newletter (30.11.2011) and is advertised on the home page on the Midlands Centre website for any one who wants further details.
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

ajcarobson
Model of Car: TF LE500

Post by ajcarobson » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:07 pm

If there are any Nottinghamshire members who are still looking for a Natter/Pub Meet, a Midland Centre member has just started a new one in Upton, near Newark. The full address is - The Cross Keys, Main Street, Upton, Newark NG23 5SY. The Natter Leader is Peter Harley and his phone number is 01636 918360. I believe they meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.

hawkstringer
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: Mk1 mgf 1.8mpi

Post by hawkstringer » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi I live in mansfield and always happy for someone with know how to give me free hand maybe get a bacon sandwhich and a cup of tea.

got some work to do on my brakes over the next couple of weeks and alternator change, would appreciate any input.

Poor student you see cant even afford road tax this year :0(

Shot Silk TF
Model of Car: TF 160

Post by Shot Silk TF » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:14 pm

So pleased I've come across this thread. Any more up to date news on meets local to Nottingham? Hey, someone mentioned Watnall which is just round the corner. That would be ideal! ;)

Diane

flex
Model of Car: mgf TF

Post by flex » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:04 pm

Did,nt they use to have meets at the Queens Head in Watnall............ 8-) I may be wrong.......... :shutup: :shutup:

Phil_B
MGF Register Region: East Midlands
Model of Car: Fixie & MGF VVC

Post by Phil_B » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:17 pm

Anyone ever get something sorted for the Nottingham area? Something along the Notts/Derby border would be very useful ;-)
Phil Brindley

Phil_B
MGF Register Region: East Midlands
Model of Car: Fixie & MGF VVC

Post by Phil_B » Mon May 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Does anyone here go to the Midlands Centre Natter in Stanton-by-Dale. Not strictly in Notts but ideally situated on the Notts/Derby border for those that don't want to trek over to Newark.

It's listed as "Leaderless" at the minute but would be interested to see if there are still people going, might pop along this month, assuming it's the 20th.
Phil Brindley