CSMGF

For events and discussion of all things Scottish

Moderator: Glenn Neilson

WR Blue
MGF Register Region: Scotland
Model of Car: 2001 mpi

CSMGF

Post by WR Blue » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:30 pm

Just visited the noticeboard and it says CSMGF has been wound up......

Typical I should have my F in Scotland by the end of the month !!!

TimM
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF VVC MY2000

Re: CSMGF

Post by TimM » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:54 pm

Yes that's right Neil.

Dave & Gerry have been running the group for over five years and organsied five Highlander events which is some kind of a record for the register .

The Central Scotland Group has officially closed down now as of the end of May and I'd like to thank Dave & Gerry for all their efforts in the past and their continued support of the MGF Register and MGf/Tfs in Scotland. However it is time for them to hang up their sporrans now so on behalf of the Register I'll toast a dram to you both.

If anyone in Scotland is interested in taking over the MGF Register Rep position or organising a Highlander event then let me know ..... chair@mgfregister.org

Tim Morris
President MGCC MGF Register
FasTForward Editor; Safety Fast columnist; South East Regional Representative

2000 MGF VVC ; 1981 MGBGT LE; 2006 MG ZR

John Ponting
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: MG Motor TF LE500 20

Post by John Ponting » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:54 pm

Can I add my thanks and appreciation to David & Gerry for there sterling efforts in organising the Highlanders that Lyn & I attended in 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. Couldn't make 2008 unfortunately.

5 years is a long time to be running a section as active as CSMGF was and still have a home & private life.

Hopefully I will get to Scotland again and meet some of the many friends that we made over the past few years but if not then thanks for the memories folks.

DavidT6DCM
MGF Register Region: South Wales
Model of Car: MGTF 160

Post by DavidT6DCM » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:44 pm

Yes sad news and a shock indeed, truly what a great and wonderful job Dave and Gerry did up in Central Scotland over the past 6 years,Dave your position will be a tough one to fill, best wishes to you both,catch up with you both in July,Dave

himself
MGF Register Region: Europe

Post by himself » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:43 pm

As Eric Clapton said ‘ALL things must pass’ and it was the CSMGF’S time. :cry:

David and I have had a ball but we want to concentrate on new horizons which have actually seen us going back to roads and places we drove 30 to 40 years ago :thumbsu: . The costs have now escalated to such a position that when we put out money it has to equate to the pleasure it returns’ I could say that we are doing all this to reduce our ‘carbon footprint’ but with the MGH :twisted: , that’s not really an option.
We have not stopped our runs, in fact we leave Friday lunchtime for a 3 day run up to the top and down the west coast of Scotland :D and in September we do the’ Grand Tour of Europe’ 3500 mile through central Europe visiting all the places that we wanted to visit but never could 8-) 8-) .
I am sure that our return to the informal(but as usual , well planned) runs will see us meeting up with the many great friends :oops: we have acquired over the years and on some of our tours we will join up with them for ‘some hearty motoring :roll: . It is planned for a trip to the MG FEST 08 where ‘’CHAIRMAM DAVE :P is allowing us to park up with his group of merry men.
So as Scotland’s answer to Thelma and Louise drive over the canyon edge :o we say not goodbye, but
‘’that costs HOW much!!!!!!! :rant:

DavidT6DCM
MGF Register Region: South Wales
Model of Car: MGTF 160

Post by DavidT6DCM » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:26 pm

ha ha look forward to having Goldenwheels parked next to T6 DCM at FEST08 :thumbsu: and so pleased to hear not the end totaly of CSMGF :D

WR Blue
Model of Car: 2001 mpi

Post by WR Blue » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:10 pm

Thanks for the update, I guess I'll just have to play on my own.....

Never managed a Highlander, did see the group of cars a few years back when I was in Scotland for a Stagg Do.

BJORN TOULOUSE

Post by BJORN TOULOUSE » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:34 pm

just noticed this :(
not being doing anything MGFy for two years since mine died. Just got it back on the road 2 month ago.

dgsprime

Post by dgsprime » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:01 pm

Bjorn,

Worry not about the demise of CSMGF for phoenix-like MGFreedom arose from the ashes: www.mgfreedom.org.uk (forum at http://mg-freedom.proboards.com/).

Not that I get on enough runs... :/

d.