Bucks Head Thursday 9th Jan 2014

A place for the South Coast (Hampshire, IOW, lower Wiltshire) region.

Moderator: mgfSussex

MrsSparky135
MGF Register Region: South Coast

Bucks Head Thursday 9th Jan 2014

Post by MrsSparky135 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:44 pm

Hi Guys

Firstly may I wish you all the very best for 2014 and hopefully many miles of F'ing fun.

Due to the weather and various roads being flooded with no sign of it easing over the next few days, I have decided that it would be in everyone's interest not to hold our monthly meeting on Thursday 9th.

I have been trying to contact Maggie and Martin to see if they have been affected at all but have had no luck. So I can only assume they are not faring well, I know they have had flooding problems in the past, and can only hope they are not to badly affected, I will try and keep contacting them and keep you up to date with any news.

As I said there seems to be no let up in the weather soon so I was wondering how you feel about trying for a Sunday lunch somewhere later in the month, at least then we will all be able to travel in daylight :thumbsu:

If you could let me know your thoughts and I'll see what I can organise.
Chris Wilson

PeteT
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Re: Bucks Head Thursday 9th Jan 2014

Post by PeteT » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:20 pm

Hi Chris and the Sparkies - Happy New Year to you too. You could be right about flooding problems at the pub but Thursday is looking like a dry day at the moment so it could get a bit better. Keep us posted.

Multispoke M & M
Model of Car: 1.8 VVC

Post by Multispoke M & M » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:35 pm

Happy New Year to all South Coast F'ers.

A very prudent decision to cancel this Thursday's meet.

We have emailed Keith and Fran, Gareth and Angie + Simon, to let them know. Once the date for the pub lunch is firmed up, we can let them know and are sure that some of them will be interested in coming.

Sunday 26th January is good for us for a pub lunch ( as we are away on hols from 12th to 20th January ).

Look forward to catching up with you all soon.

M & M

PeteT
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by PeteT » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:02 pm

For info I just phoned Maggie at the Bucks Head. Their phones had been down but now back on. As I write they still have flood water running through both bars and the downstairs B&B rooms..! The loss adjusters are in but nothing can be done until the flood subsides. I have given Maggie our tel no. (as she doesn't have any of our numbers) so she can give us a call when they are back in business. So hope to be in touch then...
We will be free on the 26th too - but really thinking the spring/summer could be so must nicer for our sportscars...
Pete

BobF
Model of Car: MGTF LE 500

Post by BobF » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:01 pm

Firstly a Happy New Year to one and all.

Thanks for the heads up on the BH Pete, I tried to 'phone them just after lunch but obviously the phones were still down. Great shame for Maggie and Martin I hope they are back in business very soon.

Could manage a Sunday lunch on the 26th Jan, lets hope the weather has improved by then.

MrsSparky135

Post by MrsSparky135 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi all

Just to keep you all informed with progress at the Bucks Head

This has just been posted on facebook

I did manage to get through to them yesterday morning, and wished them all the best for a quick resolution and return to normal business.
All things considered they still sounded quite cheerful and did say that Boxing Day this year was a great success.

Thanks Pete for the update yesterday, you got to it before I could :thumbsu:
Chris Wilson