Martin & Maggie at the Bucks Head

A place for the South Coast (Hampshire, IOW, lower Wiltshire) region.

Moderator: mgfSussex

PeteT
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Martin & Maggie at the Bucks Head

Post by PeteT » Wed May 28, 2014 11:43 am

I have some rather sad news. Maggie rang me up to say, that whilst the Bucks Head should be totally revamped and up and running again in June, they will in fact be giving up the pub. She had been trying to leave a message to say goodbye on this forum without success of course. I gave her my email address and will forward her message here. We will be away for a few days now, but thought you might appreciate knowing this.
Pete

alistair
Model of Car: TF 160

Re: Martin & Maggie at the Bucks Head

Post by alistair » Wed May 28, 2014 12:51 pm

How very sad. :( :cry:

Anybody interested in meeting up with them to give them a proper thank you and send off?

Big discussion will now be:- return to Bucks Head or stay at Pub with no name..............??

Cheers

Alistair

MaddAussie
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: TF160

Post by MaddAussie » Wed May 28, 2014 5:10 pm

Oh no! Maybe they will get another pub we can frequent!

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
TF160 - Bilstiens, Mike Satur 4-2-1, Sports Cat, Quad Daytona, Z and F Tuning Phase 2 Remap showing 177Bhp @ Janspeed RR day and a Big Grin :D (oh and a glass rear screen and bits of shiny stuff) 85th suspension bits to fit!

MrsSparky135

Post by MrsSparky135 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:25 pm

Thank you for the update Pete, hope you had a good few days away.

It is indeed very sad news, but I did wonder with all they have been through if it might be a possibility.

Alistair I think a meet up with them is a great idea, unfortunately they had to cancel joining us for our last meet.

How does meeting up with them for a Sunday lunch sound, If people can let me know any dates that would be good for this I'll see what I can arrange with them.

The next 3 Sundays are out for us (Le Mans, MG90), but we are good after that :thumbsu:
Chris Wilson

BobF
Model of Car: MGTF LE 500

Post by BobF » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:15 pm

Good idea, Sunday lunch is preferable, after MG 90 I am good, with the exception of Sunday 6th July which clashes with the AWC Summer Day Out at the Hollycombe Steam Park.

PeteT
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by PeteT » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:03 pm

Hi folks - just got back in the early hours of this morning... While away the following message arrived and is copied below.

Dear MGF Group
As you are all aware of how much damage the pub suffered after the severe flooding this year it brought it to light for us that it was time for us to retire from the pub trade, so with the help of the brewery we are leaving.

We would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all of you for supporting us over the past 7 years and we are sure that the new tenants will do a very good job of taking over the reins.

With our best wishes
Martin and Maggie
The Bucks Head

We like the idea of this meet up but Sundays are pretty booked-up for us (Currently can make 22 & 29 Jun, 20 Jul, 21 & 28 Sep)
Alternatively how about a Saturday when we aren't doing other 'MG' stuff?
Regards, Pete