Maggie and Martin

A place for the South Coast (Hampshire, IOW, lower Wiltshire) region.

Moderator: mgfSussex

MrsSparky135
MGF Register Region: South Coast

Maggie and Martin

Post by MrsSparky135 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:15 pm

I have spoken to Maggie today and both her and Martin are leading a stress free life at the moment.

Maggie said the Bucks Head was due to reopen yesterday looking very different, apparently it is now very open plan and lots of small tables with none of the larger ones we are used to sitting at. Maybe we should have a meet there sometime to see how its changed.

They are very keen on meeting up with us all for a Sunday lunch, with how fast things happened and the circumstances being out of their control they did not get a chance to say goodbye to most of their regular customers, and that is one of their regrets.
Martin is doing some casual work at the moment so she has said if we can let them know some dates when we are available and let them know she can confirm which are good for them and we can then sort out where to go from there.
They are down in the New Milton area but are willing to travel to wherever we decide, so if anyone has any suggestions let me know and we will take it from there.

I was thinking about getting a couple of photo frames and using a couple of photos of us with them, as a small present. What do you think?

So what I need from you guys now is a list of dates that you are available and we will go with the majority. :thumbsu:

John and I are available most Sundays at the moment except 27th July (Silverstone Classic weekend)
Chris Wilson

Charless
Model of Car: 96 Mpi, 99 VVC

Re: Maggie and Martin

Post by Charless » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:48 am

Sorry - I am completely unreliable in the summer months with work commitments, but would like to come along if available!

BobF
Model of Car: MGTF LE 500

Post by BobF » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:54 am

Should be ok for any Sunday from end July/early August onwards, hopefully back problem should have been sorted by then.

PeteT
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by PeteT » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:49 pm

We are very much up for this but at the moment we can only do 3rd Aug; 14th, 21st, 28th Sept; 5th, 19th, 26th Oct.
Pete

Multispoke M & M
Model of Car: 1.8 VVC

Post by Multispoke M & M » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:54 pm

A meal with Martin and Maggie sounds good. How about a pub halfway between New Milton and Meonstoke - wherever that is.
We are currently free on 3rd, and 31st August + 14th Sept.

Would we get a better attendance if Martin and Maggie came along to our regular F Register evening, as this time of year there are lots of things on at weekends ?

Happy to contribute to photo frames.