Hello!

A place for the South Coast (Hampshire, IOW, lower Wiltshire) region.

Moderator: mgfSussex

TonyP.
MGF Register Region: South East

Hello!

Post by TonyP. » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi All,

My name is Tony and I live in Southampton.
I've owned my 98 F now for nearly year and was looking to perhaps come to a meet one night.

When and where do you guys meet?

Thanks

Tony
Attachments
image.jpeg

Charless
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: 96 Mpi, 99 VVC

Re: Hello!

Post by Charless » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:34 pm

Hi Tony,
It is all a bit low key these days with Fs in our region. We had a meeting in a famously unnamed pub last night (not very) near Froxfield, aka the White Horse at Colemore. Mine was the oldest, more than 20 years and 195k miles. The next meeting we have is http://www.whitehorseampfield.co.uk/ on 26th Jan, a meeting that we share with another group of mainly older MG drivers. Don't be outraged if you don't see MGs in the winter months - some people can bear to not drive them in winter, don't wait for an invitation and do bring your F it looks beautifully maintained. Hopefully see you on 26th,
Charles

MrsSparky135
MGF Register Region: South Coast

Post by MrsSparky135 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:28 pm

Hi Tony

Welcome to the forum.

As Charles has already said our next meet is on 26th Jan. at the White Horse in Ampfield where we join up with the local Abingdon Works Centre natter.

At the moment we do not meet up as a register group at any specific pub, our meets take place on the 2nd Thursday of the month I will be starting a thread about where the next one will take place in the next couple of days.
Chris Wilson

TonyP.
MGF Register Region: South East

Post by TonyP. » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:48 pm

Ok, thanks for that, look forward to coming along if I can.
My MG was rescued from a garden after a five year layup. The cars 2nd owner was going to scrap it!
Went along out of interest, saw it and fell in love with it. No dings, mint interior 63k and nearly full history- couldn't say no!
I've done lots to it, including the front end mod- not to everyone's taste but I like it.
At the mo I'm doing a PRT modification and moving the thermostat to the front. Whilst she's off the road I'm going to get the headlamp reflector bowls rechromed- so busy weekends foe me!

Look forward to meeting some fellow F enthusiasts!

Tony