Thames tunnels bridges run

A place for the South Coast (Hampshire, IOW, lower Wiltshire) region.

Moderator: mgfSussex

tail-end-char-lee
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: 1999

Thames tunnels bridges run

Post by tail-end-char-lee » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:56 pm

Anyone from the south coast going up to do the late night tunnels and bridges on sat?

Mykel
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MG TF Monogram

Re: Thames tunnels bridges run

Post by Mykel » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:49 pm

Okay, I’m not exactly from the South Coast :mrgreen: but it would be fab to meet some friends from that region again!

By the way … isn’t that John Frost Bridge in Arnhem in your Avatar, the Bridge Too Far?
MGTF:
2004 TF 135 in Monogram Spectre, black leather, RHD
MGZR:
2001 ZR 160 in Solar Red, LHD, LPG conv
Classic:
1972 MG Midget MkIII RWA in Blaze Red
MGF Register regional rep for Germany -- germany@mgfregister.org

tail-end-char-lee

Post by tail-end-char-lee » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:59 pm

Hi Mykel
Well spotted!! That was taken 2006 on the way back from Sweden with the f register Viking express trip! Love to go back one day!!

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Post by talkingcars » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:12 pm

I have been looking forward to this for years and signed up the moment books opened but unfortunately I don't have an MOTed F so am missing it (wedding anniversary is the following day as well).
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

Bigfootmgf
Model of Car: MGF 1.8

Post by Bigfootmgf » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:09 pm

I am sure you can go in another MG! If you have one that works.....
Paul

Mod's cost money that you don't have or you could have if you did not have mods!

Bigfootmgf youtube Channel
SE MGF Facebook page

Mykel
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MG TF Monogram

Post by Mykel » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:10 am

Yep, any MG will do, and the roof top bar at the finish (Holiday Inn Southend) will be open until 2am on Sunday, so no probs about celebrating the anniversary either, James. :lol:

And these two are for Jon&Joyce:
DSC_0046.jpg
DSC_0047.jpg
Taken in 2013 on the 2nd Niederrhein Tour … with two cars from the South Coast taking part as well.
MGTF:
2004 TF 135 in Monogram Spectre, black leather, RHD
MGZR:
2001 ZR 160 in Solar Red, LHD, LPG conv
Classic:
1972 MG Midget MkIII RWA in Blaze Red
MGF Register regional rep for Germany -- germany@mgfregister.org

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Post by Keith Williams » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:20 am

talkingcars wrote:I have been looking forward to this for years and signed up the moment books opened but unfortunately I don't have an MOTed F so am missing it (wedding anniversary is the following day as well).
No problem in turning up in another MG model and if needs be in an unrelated make at this late stage if you have a problem with your F.

If you do decide to do the run in another car though, please let Michael (secretary@mgfregister.org) and Adrian (adrian.clifford@mgfregister.org) know as soon as possible as the car details you registered onto the event with will have already gone for the security check and will need updating before the night. This will ensure there are no delays or problems on the night when you get to Canary Wharf in a car that they are not expecting.
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

tail-end-char-lee

Post by tail-end-char-lee » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:37 pm

Thanks Mykel for the picks!! Hope to see you in London then on Sat evening!! Oooh that reminds me I must charge Sat nav and have a play!! Haven't used it for a long time.

talkingcars
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Post by talkingcars » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:08 pm

Keith Williams wrote:
talkingcars wrote:I have been looking forward to this for years and signed up the moment books opened but unfortunately I don't have an MOTed F so am missing it (wedding anniversary is the following day as well).
No problem in turning up in another MG model and if needs be in an unrelated make at this late stage if you have a problem with your F.

If you do decide to do the run in another car though, please let Michael (secretary@mgfregister.org) and Adrian (adrian.clifford@mgfregister.org) know as soon as possible as the car details you registered onto the event with will have already gone for the security check and will need updating before the night. This will ensure there are no delays or problems on the night when you get to Canary Wharf in a car that they are not expecting.
Sorry Keith, only just seen this so it's a bit late but thanks, with 3 broken MGF/TF, broken maestro and 2 running Zeds you would've thought I'd got there somehow.

James
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com