October "UNBELIEVABLE" video competition night | Thursday 1st October 7:00pm

A place for the South Coast (Hampshire, IOW, lower Wiltshire) region.

Moderator: mgfSussex

mgfSussex
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: LE500

October "UNBELIEVABLE" video competition night | Thursday 1st October 7:00pm

Post by mgfSussex » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:37 pm

As agreed at our last meeting our next Zoom meeting will be delayed by one week and will be held at 7:00pm on Thursday 1st October.

Participants will be treated to a new fun and exciting game called Unbelievable. Full details will be provided on the night. Expect some fun and laughter along the way !

Please have a pen and paper to hand to write down your answers.

To join us simply click on the following link at 7:00pm on 1st October https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87952646914 and follow the easy instructions to download the Zoom launcher file.

EVERYONE is invited. However if you're having any difficulty taking part do let me know.

See you there.

Kind regards
Mark

PETER MORGAN

Re: October "UNBELIEVABLE" video competition night | Thursday 1st October 7:00pm

Post by PETER MORGAN » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:37 pm

Unbelievably, Mrs M and I will be joining the soiree
Pete

jaapaap1111
MGF Register Region: Europe

Re: October "UNBELIEVABLE" video competition night | Thursday 1st October 7:00pm

Post by jaapaap1111 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:55 pm

Read this too late. Hope timezone difference would match up...but it didn't overcome 2hrs...
So i joined and..left ! Looked like you had good fun. Hope to see you next time.

Joris aka The driving dutchman.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

mgfSussex
Regional Rep

Post by mgfSussex » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:28 pm

Hello Joris,

Yes, we saw you ! You would have been welcome to join us.

Please do join us next time on 15th October when we will be holding a quiz.
Details will be published in the forum.

Best wishes
Mark

mgfSussex
Regional Rep

Post by mgfSussex » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:58 pm

Thank you to all who took part in our "Unbelievable" game tonight.

The self declared scores at the end of the night were as follows;

In joint first place with 15 points Chris and Team Cole...a testament to Chris's ability to catch up quickly despite joining us late in the game
In joint second place with 12 points John and Pete T
In third place Team Morgan with 6 points
In fourth place Charles with -1 point.....but in fairness to Charles he joined us when we were already halfway through the game !

The funny thing is that when I checked the scores myself afterwards very few of them matched up with the self declared scores !

Nevertheless, by the end of the night I had managed to persuade John and the Morgans that Hyundai adopted ponies at animal sanctuaries when they were marketing the Hyundai Pony in 1982, and I also persuaded John, Chris, and the Morgans that BL had developed a car called the Austin Ranger SE (note the initials) in the mid 1980s. Both of course are total nonsense.

There were also 17 instances of contestants declaring false (or unbelievable) statements which were actually true.
So you see sometimes fact is indeed stranger than fiction.

We had plenty of fun, plenty of laughter, and plenty of banter. So, a good night was had by all I think.

Kind regards
Mark

jaapaap1111
MGF Register Region: Europe

Post by jaapaap1111 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:59 pm

Thanks. I will keep an eye on this forum.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk