8pm Thursday 9th September 2021 | Dinner at the Buck's Head

A place for the South Coast (Hampshire, IOW, lower Wiltshire) region.

Moderator: mgfSussex

mgfSussex
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: LE500

8pm Thursday 9th September 2021 | Dinner at the Buck's Head

Post by mgfSussex » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:11 pm

We will meet at 8:00pm on Thursday 9th September at the Buck's Head , Bucks Head Hill, Meonstoke, Southampton SO32 3NA
See location map and menu at https://www.thebucksheadmeonstoke.co.uk/

Other venues can also be considered for future gatherings. If you have somewhere in mind please propose it over dinner at our September gathering, so that we can come to a collective decision.

I have booked a table for 8 initially, but of course everyone is welcome and we hope to see more faces.
So, if you would like to join us please alert me by posting a comment below and I will add you to our booking.

Please confirm your availability.

See you soon
Mark

PeteT
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Re: 7pm Thursday 9th September 2021 | Dinner at the George & Falcon

Post by PeteT » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:21 pm

Am a little doubtful about that evening as I want to attend a re-union at Farnborough that afternoon, hope you can keep a spare seat or two for us. Will firm up nearer the time.

KIT :)
Model of Car: MG TF 160

Re: 8pm Thursday 9th September 2021 | Dinner at the Buck's Head

Post by KIT :) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:51 am

Hullo, MG newb here. I'm looking forward to meeting up with other like-minded folk. Although I'm looking for any excuses to take my new MG out for a nice long drive this meet-up is a little far away for me going there and back again of an evening. I'm in mid-Wiltshire which seems to be split between two groups South Coast/Cotswolds, both equally far away. Do you have any plans to come up as far north at Salisbury sometime? If so I could certainly make that in an evening. :)

mgfSussex
Regional Rep

Post by mgfSussex » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:21 am

Hello KIT. Welcome to the MGF/TF community.

In your location you have the choice of either my South Coast region or Nigel May's Somerset and Dorset region (somerset.dorset@mgfregister.org).

In practical terms Salisbury is probably closer to me than it would be to Nigel, though I note you say that you are actually located in mid Wiltshire.

The South Coast region does plan to offer more events, and a wider selection of locations from the spring of next year, including daytime events as well as evening dinner meets.

We do have other members on the western fringe of Hampshire too, so it would make sense to base some events over in that corner of the region, to make them more accessible for members in Wiltshire.

Kind regards
Mark

mgfSussex
Regional Rep

Post by mgfSussex » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:44 am

A table for 8 of us has been booked at the Buck's Head for 8pm.

The pub has advised that the table is booked to another party earlier in the evening, who are not likely to depart until 7:45pm, and then of course the pub will need a little time to cleanse the table before we can occupy it.

So, they really don't want to see us much before 8pm !

The following people have told me they will attend

P & H M
A & C C
P & J T
M G
C S (TBC)

If anyone else wishes to attend please comment below, as there is limited capacity in the pub.

mgfSussex
Regional Rep

Post by mgfSussex » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:43 pm

Thank you to everyone who attended last night.

It was nice to see how the Buck's Head looks under its new management, but although the food and service was very good, the environment was stuffy with poor ventilation, and we were squeezed in like sardines with limited elbow room.

So, sadly for the autumn/winter period at least we will aim to eat somewhere that feels safer. For the time being the general conclusion of those present last night was to give preference to the much more roomy George & Falcon at Warnford just as soon as it is serving food again, with the Shoe Inn at Exton being our second preference.