7:00pm Thursday 9th February 2023 | Dinner at The Forge, Shedfield

A place for the South Coast (Hampshire, IOW, lower Wiltshire) region.

Moderator: mgfSussex

mgfSussex
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: LE500

7:00pm Thursday 9th February 2023 | Dinner at The Forge, Shedfield

Post by mgfSussex » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:52 pm

We will meet at 7:00pm on Thursday 9th February at The Forge, Winchester Rd, between Shedfield and Waltham Chase, Southampton SO32 2HS. See location map at https://goo.gl/maps/qymfLZARwAtxWVXUA

I posted photos of the menu back in December, which you can view at viewtopic.php?f=28&t=26510

The carvery is definitely the option to choose; Just £8.50 a head, serve yourself, and return for as many extra helpings of vegetables as you like. Desserts are just £5 each.

So, if you would like to join us please alert me by posting a comment below and I will add you to our booking.

PLEASE NOTE: The Forge was closed in January 2023 for refurbishment works. It is expected to be open again in time for our February meeting. However, this has not been confirmed at the time of writing. In the event The Forge is not available on 9th of February we would attempt to relocate to The Black Dog just up the road, and I would communicate such on this forum as soon as I would know. You can monitor The Forge yourself at https://www.facebook.com/theforgeshedfield

COVID-19: If you have recently been in contact with others or are feeling unwell please take a lateral flow test to confirm that you are COVID negative before attending the venue. Everyone is strongly advised to be fully vaccinated, including the (third/fourth) booster jab.

We are meeting at The Forge near Shedfield because it offers a large indoor space where we can usually sit some distance from, and limit our contact with, other members of the public.The Forge usually has very few customers in the dining area on a weekday evening after 7pm, and we have often found ourselves alone in that area by the end of the night.

See you soon
Mark

mgfSussex
Regional Rep

Re: 7:00pm Thursday 9th February 2023 | Dinner at The Forge, Shedfield

Post by mgfSussex » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:10 pm

We have heard that The Forge reopened on 26th January, so we look forward to returning there in February. I will however confirm closer to the time.

mgfSussex
Regional Rep

Re: 7:00pm Thursday 9th February 2023 | Dinner at The Forge, Shedfield

Post by mgfSussex » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:33 pm

I have tried phoning The Forge today, but with no reply. There is no voicemail facility on their phone either, and they have disabled the Messenger function on their Facebook page.

I sent them an email to book a table for 9th February back in late January, and have confirmed again by email today, but without any reply to either.

There is nothing unusual in this however, as The Forge have been utterly hopeless communicators for some time now.

Nonetheless, the latest information on their Facebook page does suggest that they would be open for business today, so let's proceed as planned and hope for the best.

In the worst case scenario we could try our luck up the road if necessary.