Thursday 22 June 2023 | Afternoon PICNIC & QUIZ at Uppark

A place for the South Coast (Hampshire, IOW, lower Wiltshire) region.

Moderator: mgfSussex

mgfSussex
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: LE500

Thursday 22 June 2023 | Afternoon PICNIC & QUIZ at Uppark

Post by mgfSussex » Thu May 04, 2023 11:29 pm

In anticipation of gloriously sunny weather we are planning a picnic (umbrellas at the ready folks !).

PLEASE NOTE: Following a discussion and vote at our last meeting (we're a democratic bunch !), and primarily in the interests of having toilets close at hand for the comfort of all, there has been a change of venue.

Hence we will now meet at 14:00 on Thursday 22 June in the overflow car park (field) of Uppark House (National Trust) GU31 5QR on the B2146 near South Harting. See location map at https://goo.gl/maps/Word9kRWM8sEAHDV8

The entrance for those coming from the west can be viewed on Street View at https://www.google.com/maps/@50.9531019 ... ?entry=ttu

The entrance for those coming from the east or south (through South Harting or Chilgrove) can be viewed on Street View at
https://www.google.com/maps/@50.9578985 ... ?entry=ttu

Once you enter the Uppark car park proceed through it to the end where you can turn right for the upper level car park. As you enter the upper level turn LEFT and proceed to the end of this grassy section of the car park where you will find a little lane which winds to the right (see photo below). Proceed up this lane into the large open field which will be our parking place for the meeting, where we won't get in anyone's way. See the black arrow on the photo below.

Alistair and Carol will attend in their camper van from which they will supply all attendees with cooked bacon butties. Attendees are invited to bring any additional food they would like Alistair to cook. Please also bring your own drinks and comfortable seating.

Please note that the Uppark car park gate will be locked at 4:15pm, so we will need to have concluded our meeting by around 4:00pm.

Furthermore, as the 22nd of June would ordinarily have been the date of our monthly online quiz night we are going to attempt to hold the quiz in person sitting in the car park.

Each person (or household) taking part is requested to bring 5 questions and answers. Each round of the quiz will be hosted by each person (or household) in turn. Your 5 question topics can either be car related or general knowledge or both.

(Please note that we will take a break from quiz night in July and resume in August or September. Details to be announced in due course).

EVERYONE is invited. See you there.

Don't forget to bring umbrellas......to protect you from the searing heat.

(I attach a suggested scenic route for those of you travelling from the Southampton area, starting from the familiar territory of Meonstoke and taking you along the A272, briefly onto the A3 for one junction, by-passing Petersfield, and then into South Harting, before climbing Harting Hill to reach our meeting point. Please note that this meeting is limited to a social gathering without any road run, and does not involve the organisation of any activity on the public highway or any display at the venue. Cars should be parked in the car park in the usual manner.)

TO ENSURE WE HAVE SUFFICIENT FOOD PLEASE ADD A COMMENT BELOW TO ALERT US THAT YOU WILL BE COMING.
Attachments
Picnic directions.jpg
Uppark route.jpg
Entrance to overflow car park.JPG

mgfSussex
Regional Rep

Re: Thursday 22 June 2023 | Afternoon PICNIC & QUIZ at Harting Down

Post by mgfSussex » Tue May 09, 2023 10:37 pm

If you would like to join us please add a comment below. We will only have enough food for the number of people who have confirmed their attendance.

John W
Model of Car: MGTF 80th Anniversar

Post by John W » Wed May 10, 2023 5:57 pm

Sorry to inform you Mark, We will not be able to attend due to a previous commitment.
Last edited by John W on Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
MG 80th Anniversary TF 1420 of 1600, Colour Starlight Silver

PAW
Model of Car: MGTF 80th

Post by PAW » Wed May 10, 2023 6:14 pm

As John has already said, due to an earlier commitment we are unable to join you.
Last edited by PAW on Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
MG 80th Anniversary TF 2004, 1420 of 1600, Colour Starlight Silver
( I sometimes let John my husband drive my pride & Joy)

PeteT
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by PeteT » Thu May 11, 2023 4:26 pm

Two well done bacon butties for the Tippings please Alstair !
Remember to park in the top overflow car park field where there is bags of room.
See you there
PeteT

mgfSussex
Regional Rep

Re: Thursday 22 June 2023 | Afternoon PICNIC & QUIZ at Uppark

Post by mgfSussex » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:00 am

Remember folks, if you would like to join us please add a comment below so that we will know to expect you.

mgfSussex
Regional Rep

Post by mgfSussex » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:29 am

Thank you to everyone who came to Uppark. What a fun afternoon we had in the baking sun; games, quiz, burgers, bacon butties, sizzling sausages, melon munching, and yummy chocolate cake too !! We must do it all soon again.

The quiz scores at the end of the afternoon were as follows;

:D Team Cole and Team me in joint first place with 3 points each
:lol: Team T in second place (but by no means last) with 1 point
Attachments
Uppark 4.JPG
Uppark 3.JPG
Uppark 2.JPG
Uppark 1.JPG

mgfSussex
Regional Rep

Post by mgfSussex » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:42 am

Following the success of yersterday's PICNIC & QUIZ gathering I think there is scope to hold at least one more similar gathering in the meadow at Uppark this summer.

I propose Thursday 31st August as the date for such a gathering. Please comment below to let me know if you could make that date, or if not please offer alternatives.

PeteT
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by PeteT » Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:32 am

Let's go for it, the date is free, just the weather now...
Cheers
PeteT