hello from the i o wight

A place for the South Coast (Hampshire, IOW, lower Wiltshire) region.

Moderator: mgfSussex

bigmac
MGF Register Region: South Coast

hello from the i o wight

Post by bigmac » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:19 pm

hello everyone, i'm a new member, looking to buy my 1st mgf, are there any members on the isle of wight, that are knowledgable about these cars, that could help me source the right 1?
regards
bigmac
i o Wight
:thumbsu:

sparky135
Model of Car: MG TF Spark

Re: hello from the i o wight

Post by sparky135 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:50 pm

Hi Bigmac and welcome to the MGF Register forums and indeed the South Coast Region.

We don't have any active members from the IoW unfortunately but Malcolm who posts on here regularly may be able to point you in the right direction for some local advice as he used to live over there and still has a lot of connections. Of course if you need any advice just post specific questions either in here or in the General forum (probably better in the General forum actually as it will attract a bigger audience) - there is a wealth of knowledgeable people who are only too happy to help on these forums.

Hope to see you in your new F soon. :thumbsu:
John
MGF Register South Coast Regional Rep
south.coast@mgfregister.org
www.scrr.org.uk

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Post by colintf » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi and welcome :thumbsu:

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Multispoke M & M
Model of Car: 1.8 VVC

Post by Multispoke M & M » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:04 pm

Hi bigmac and welcome to the forum. What part of the Island do you live ? I lived on the Island for 40 years in the Newport and Carisbrooke areas. It was only work which necessitated my move over to the Big Island.

I am still a member of the Vectis MG Club, which is based on the Island, and it's members should be able to offer some helpful advice. It caters for people with any type of MG and there are several F / TF owners. They also welcome anyone who has a keen interest in the marque, such as yourself. Their next Natter Night is on Tuesday 3rd August, at The Ponderosa, Ashey, from 8pm.
In their monthly newsletter, they are listing a total of seven different events in August, which some of their members will be attending.
Richard and Anne ( from East Cowes ) produce their monthly newsletter, own a TF, and can be contacted on ( I have sent you a private message, with their phone number )
for any advice or questions you may have.
Good luck in your search for an F. There are some nice ones out there.
Malcolm.

bigmac

Post by bigmac » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:58 am

thanks for your welcome, everyone.
@multispoke: thanks for the info & phone no. I am certainly interested in the car club.
15 years ago i lived in Gosport & was a member of the Portsmouth Ford capri club for years & went to shows & events all over the place: had a great time.
i live in Ryde now, but have over here on & off since 1971.
regards
bigmac
(also a Malcolm!)