Hello from the Isle of Wight

A place for the South Coast (Hampshire, IOW, lower Wiltshire) region.

Moderator: mgfSussex

ElectroSoldier
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: 'я' MGF 1.8i VVC

Hello from the Isle of Wight

Post by ElectroSoldier » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:43 am

Hi, must interested in this thread, I do hope you dont mind the revival.

Im also from IW, and was wondering where and when the next meet, or next few meets will be, and if it would be possible to get some kind of indroduction to the members of the club.

Please drop me a message if you can help ))

sparky135
Model of Car: MG TF Spark

Re: Hello from the Isle of Wight

Post by sparky135 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:03 am

Hi and welcome to the South Coast section of the MGF Register Forums.

I have split your post from the original thread you posted in as I think this is worthy of a thread of it's own.

We meet regularly throughout the year on the second Thursday of each month at the Bucks Head in Meonstoke, just off the A32 (SO32 3NA). We tend to start arriving at 1900ish and most of us have a meal at this meet. We are always pleased to welcome new members an it would be great to see you if you can make it.

We also support he Abingdon Works Centre local natter which happens every last Tuesday of the month at the Dolphin Inn in Hursley, just outside Winchester. Again we tend to start gathering around 1900ish. Throughout the Summer there is normally a very nice selection of MGs of all types in the car park. Newcomers are always welcome.

Throughout the Summer months we tend to be a bit quiet as a region as there is plenty going elsewhere. Come the Autumn though we start to have regular Sunday meets which usually take the form of a pub lunch. These usually happen on or towards the last Sunday of the month. Keep your eyes peeled on this forum for more details.

It would be good to see you at one of our meets and you will be made most welcome. :thumbsu:
John
MGF Register South Coast Regional Rep
south.coast@mgfregister.org
www.scrr.org.uk

ElectroSoldier

Post by ElectroSoldier » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:52 am

Do any meets happen on the Isle of Wight?

While I am keen to come to a meet, it would be cost the better part of £100 by the time I pay the ferry fair...
Its 40 pieces of silver for that trip these days, and thats with the islander discount !!!!

Ive seen there is quite a fair number of MGF's and TF's here, isnt there anything more local?

PeteT
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by PeteT » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:31 pm

Did you not see the posting from "Bigmac" on July 29th - perhaps you could get togeher over there... Cheers
Pete

ElectroSoldier

Post by ElectroSoldier » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:53 am

Yeah I saw it, I made my first post there but was kindly moved to its own thread.

Im also keen to get in touch with the guys in the IW group if poss)))