Shaggy is almost back on the road!

This Region covers Northants, North Bucks and the Bedfordshire areas.

Moderators: Yorkshire Shrimper, Committee Members

ScubaStewart
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Shaggy is almost back on the road!

Post by ScubaStewart » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:30 pm

Autumn last year I took Shaggy off the road, planning to do a major pile of work to it, and here we are in March, and I've done hardly any of it! However, on Friday night I quickly put some seats back in and then Saturday morning took it to an old school friend to get an MOT certificate! It passed!!!!! ;) :lol:

I've since spent the weekend getting on with my pile of things to fit/do, and am now making good progress. I've taken this week off work, and although I have to do a couple of airport runs, I will spend most of the time continuing with this. Sadly there is no way I will get everything done by next weekend, and will have to book another couple of weeks off work, but tomorrow morning I'm going to go and buy some tax for the car, and it will have it's first outing for the SMS Meet in Oxon on Sunday. I can't wait to take it out for a spin, especially as the mods I've finished today make it sound amazing!!!! :thumbsu:

It's felt weird turning up to MG meets in a Land Rover!!! Be good to be part of the crowd again!!

Rich Stone
Model of Car: MGF Trophy 160

Re: Shaggy is almost back on the road!

Post by Rich Stone » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:14 am

Can't wait to see Shaggy back on the road again... With the 'Project X' secret mods finally seeing the light of day!

See you Sunday Mate.

Rich.

ScubaStewart

Post by ScubaStewart » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:50 pm

Cheers Rich. Unfortunately the totally top secret mod isn't going to be done for this weekend. Far too many other bits to be done on the car, but hopefully it will be fitted in time for the April meet..... :thumbsu:

Nicktg

Post by Nicktg » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:21 pm

Yup I reckon fitting a super charger, 4 wheel drive system, lambo doors and the nitrous will take you a bit longer - they are my guesses at your secret mods, anything less and we'll be disapointed! :lol:

ScubaStewart

Post by ScubaStewart » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:41 pm

Nice guesses Nick, but none of those.... However it is something just as impressive! :)

m77xne
Model of Car: MGF VVC

Post by m77xne » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:46 pm

I just know your 'secret mod' will be hot! ;)

Can't wait to see it all back togther, last time I saw lil ole shaggy it was when you got your number plate!!!! :)

Glad it passed it's MOT hun :P

puds121
Model of Car: MG TF

Post by puds121 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:48 am

I am soooooo tempted, but have decided not to descend to the level you and Dave tend to occupy most of the time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It'll be good to see the wee beastie up and around again :thumbsu:
Lee. TF135 'Nemo'...much loved and modded
XPG, Milltek quad exhaust, MGR wheels, Z&F Remap - 148bhp on RR, Blue dash conversion, MGF Centre seats and hoops, VHPD Bootlid.

Daved
Model of Car: Steptronic & MGB

Post by Daved » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:35 pm

puds121 wrote:I am soooooo tempted, but have decided not to descend to the level you and Dave tend to occupy most of the time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What do you mean Chavy? :twisted: Get down here at once! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I want to know if an MGF is fitted with a super BHP Honda type engine is it still an MGF or an Honda in a different coat? Is the engine at the end of the day the be all and end all of the car? That'smy guess for the top secret mod.

Rich Stone
Model of Car: MGF Trophy 160

Post by Rich Stone » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:11 pm

Scoob will be most insulted... A Honda engine? Pah! :lol:

Rich.

ScubaStewart

Post by ScubaStewart » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:38 am

Did someone say Chavvy???!!!!! Well, there seem to be a few of them in our group!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, another nice guess with the Honda engine, but.... NO! All I can say, is don't get your hopes up, it won't be fitted for this weekend, but the car has had a few mods done over the last few days, but it is still work in progress. But I promise that the 'top secret' mod will be on in the next month or so, and SMS member will get a special preview of it, but only on the condition it remains a secret till MGFest08......

I have to say tho, having got my car back on the road, i'm making slow progress on doing the work this week, as I keep on wanting to go round the block for a spin!!! And the car sounds fab now!!! :thumbsu:

puds121

Post by puds121 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:08 pm

I reckon the child chasing chavmeister is fitting Nos and a dump valve...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , plus the obligatory neons that used to be on his Nova :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .......and of course a custom built burberry interior, screens in the back of the headrests to become the pied piper....sweet dispenser......I could go on for ages :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
XPG, Milltek quad exhaust, MGR wheels, Z&F Remap - 148bhp on RR, Blue dash conversion, MGF Centre seats and hoops, VHPD Bootlid.

ScubaStewart

Post by ScubaStewart » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:14 pm

That's it Daved, he's down to our level now!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, X-Primer Puds.....
- Nos and dump valve - NO.
- Neons - well, you already know it's being covered in LED's, and various EL components.
- Nova - Are you kidding, never had one, my first car was a Fiesta, and the only other car i've had that could come close to being chavvy would be my old golf convertible that was a dark red metallic with a white roof and a body kit, huge alloys and a boot full of speakers!!! :lol: :lol:
- Burberry interior - I thought you were getting that done??? :lol: Me, no, but have just installed some TF black leather/grey alcantara which i got out of a car from my local scrap yard.
- Screens in back of headrests - Well, to be honest i was thinking of doing that, but not at the moment!!! Purely for shows of course....
- Sweet dispenser - YES.... YOU GOT IT!!! A full chocolate factory to help me at the Brit Cars rally again!!! Just hope it's kids choosing the winner again! :lol: :lol: :lol:

However, you still haven't figured out 'Project X', and i'm not giving it away on here.... All I can say tho Lee is that a certain person whom you and Debs aren't too keen on is now not in my good books either, after he saw my car last night and proceeded to sl@g it off.... So, i'm now on a mission to really make sure he gets beaten, so he is the one person who most definitely not find out about 'Project X', as he'll probably just copy me out of fear of losing.... :twisted:

puds121

Post by puds121 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:31 pm

ScubaStewart wrote: However, you still haven't figured out 'Project X', and i'm not giving it away on here.... All I can say tho Lee is that a certain person whom you and Debs aren't too keen on is now not in my good books either, after he saw my car last night and proceeded to sl@g it off.... So, i'm now on a mission to really make sure he gets beaten, so he is the one person who most definitely not find out about 'Project X', as he'll probably just copy me out of fear of losing.... :twisted:
You have our 100% support in your project 8-) ........any polishing help required......just ask :thumbsu: