An inspiration

This Region covers Northants, North Bucks and the Bedfordshire areas.

Moderators: Yorkshire Shrimper, Committee Members

m77xne
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC

An inspiration

Post by m77xne » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:51 pm

I just wanted to say that on reflection of Sunday I feel totally inspired. You are all lovely (with an exception of one or two, name no names LEE!! ;) ).

I now feel more inclined to keep my F and mod it a little more. I think I will get my Mini Cooper S rag top eventually when I've done a bit more traveling.

I WILL and PROMISE to turn up to more meets, I WON'T go out the night before. And also, as the weather is getting better (well I hope it will) I will want to get out of bed earlier :)

So, once again - thank you all for your inspirations and passion.

(PS, Rich - I wana fill out my profile thing, can you email me the form please?)

ScubaStewart
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Re: An inspiration

Post by ScubaStewart » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:22 pm

Wow, that's lovely! :D

Max, if you go to the SMS website http://www.southmids-sportsters.org/ and go to the Downloads section, you will find a member profile form! Or you can just click this link here http://www.karist.co.uk/SMS/pdf/Member%20profile.pdf

Rich Stone
Model of Car: MGF Trophy 160

Post by Rich Stone » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:29 pm

They are very kind words and I'm very pleased you've found SmS to be an 'inspiration'... As I said to you before, most people know who you are now so you'er amongst friends, so no more of that 'shy' stuff... ;)

Rich.

m77xne

Post by m77xne » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:43 pm

Rich - I know people know me now, but I will still be shy...That's just me! :oops:

I'm on the case with the profile now, and I might have a hunt for a decent photo to go with it.

(I like the new logo which you've used too!)

Daved
Model of Car: Steptronic & MGB

Post by Daved » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:34 am

Excellent post Maxine. As I said in mine on the Pub thread, our group is full of fantastic people :D :D

I don't see why you had to name Lee.............and not me too :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

What is the attraction of a Mini Cooper S rag top? Apart from 4 seats? As Jeremy Clarkson said, only Hitler looked good in a four seater convertible. The Mini's are so overpriced and can they be moded the same as the F/TFs?

All the best

Dave

puds121
Model of Car: MG TF

Post by puds121 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:42 am

Max......I love ya babe...... :D :D :D :D :D :D
Lee. TF135 'Nemo'...much loved and modded
XPG, Milltek quad exhaust, MGR wheels, Z&F Remap - 148bhp on RR, Blue dash conversion, MGF Centre seats and hoops, VHPD Bootlid.

m77xne

Post by m77xne » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:36 pm

Daved wrote: What is the attraction of a Mini Cooper S rag top? Apart from 4 seats? As Jeremy Clarkson said, only Hitler looked good in a four seater convertible. The Mini's are so overpriced and can they be moded the same as the F/TFs?

All the best

Dave
I think Mini's are cute and stylish. I'd make sure I had the full body kit on it and make it look pretty mint so it turned heads. :) I'm sure if Hitler can make one look good, then I'm sure I could. :D :P

But if Ihad the money my ideal car would be Honda S2000 - they are just sex! lol :lol: :lol:

Rich Stone

Post by Rich Stone » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:46 pm

Shame they don't handle anywhere as good as an F... But they are a fine looking car, that I can't deny! Was watching Fifth Gear last night and thinking that.

You just don't get the camaraderie with a Honda though! :D

Rich

panicT4

Post by panicT4 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:37 pm

How do all

The mini looks good and thats it trust me i had a mini "S" for a month and it was a load of pants and as a manwho has a 1275 GT Clubman the older ones handle far better and they will turn more heads :)

if your looking for a very cool and fast rag top VOLVO C70. Rich its only 2 and a bit months till i get my F yaaahooooo

this is a fine example of a C70

Rich Stone

Post by Rich Stone » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:46 pm

Sorry Matt, not really the sort of thing that should be on an 'Inspired' thread... It's a tank with the roof blown off! :evil: 8-)

I'll be glad when you do get the F. You might have some decent pics for us to look at... :lol:

Rich.

panicT4

Post by panicT4 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:34 pm

Dude that hurt :(