Pub & Natter?

This Region covers Northants, North Bucks and the Bedfordshire areas.

Moderators: Yorkshire Shrimper, Committee Members

Barred
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: TF 135

Pub & Natter?

Post by Barred » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:26 am

It's all gone quiet around here - have we all been washed away by the rains (if my dad sez the lawns need it one more time I shall bury him - mind you he retired to the South of France so maybe his do).

I've tired the local MGOC and there a nice bunch, but they seem to want to do more committees than drink and chat and ladies are not present (upsets the boss if I go off without her) - maybe in the summer months.

Is the Shoulder of Mutton event still going - 3rd Thursday? Naturally I've just missed it. Again.
Do not invert, contents liable to spill.

Jonniey
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF

Re: Pub & Natter?

Post by Jonniey » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:30 am

Due to work commitments and starting hours i cannot attend mid week get togethers :cry: they have to be fri night, saturdays or sunday lunch times
:cry:
http://www.facebook.com/penelopemgf
MGF 1.8i MK2 2000 model

garytipping
Model of Car: TF 160

Post by garytipping » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:18 pm

Hi,
The Shoulder of Mutton natter is very much alive, on the second Thursday of the month.

I'm organising a Sunday lunch meet at Sywell Aerodrome which is looking like an April date. I'll be in touch shortly as soon as I have a date.

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Gary

Rich Stone
Model of Car: MGF Trophy 160

Post by Rich Stone » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:00 pm

There is a regular monthly meet at Billing Mill, Northampton. It's run by the Sourhmids Sportsters which are a predominantly MGF/TF enthusiasts (many MGF Reg members) and welcomes people from any clubs or just passing by. The meetings have been running for several years and the group has a solid member base. Please feel free to come along. More up-to-date details can be found on their facebook page. Just search for Southmids Sportsters or PM me.

Dozers Dad

Post by Dozers Dad » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi Rich,

That sounds good mate. I don't use Facebook so I've sent you an email.

Regards Jez

Dozers Dad

Post by Dozers Dad » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:53 pm

Hi Rich,

I managed to find your clubs details via a Google search. If your meet at Billing Mill is still on the 1st Thursday of the month? That's this evening.

I'll pop along for a pint & see if you guys are there? Look out for a Tahiti blue F with 75th anniversary (multi spoke) rims. I'm hoping to convince the Mrs to "share" the driving? i.e. I drive us there & she drives us back! 8-)

Regards Jez

Dozers Dad

Post by Dozers Dad » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:45 pm

Just got in from the Southmids Sportsters meet.

They are a great bunch. Very friendly and welcoming :thumbsu:

The food at Billing Mill was great aswell. Shame the same couldn't be said about the shite service! However they do know how to knock up a pudding!!! ;) (Yes that realy is a pint glass next to it!!!)
Attachments
20150702_202021.jpg

garytipping
Model of Car: TF 160

Post by garytipping » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:07 pm

Hi Jez, Back from our travels today so just catching up. Will you be going to the South Mids Sportsters meet on the 6th August? I've put in my diary and I'll try to encourage some others.

Thanks

Gary

Dozers Dad

Post by Dozers Dad » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:59 am

Hi Gary,

Yes mate, I hope to be at their next meet? From what I can gather they already do what I was trying to organise with yourself? i.e. a monthly pub meant & regular run outs.

Regards Jez