SWMGF Abingdon Museum appeal

This Region covers Northants, North Bucks and the Bedfordshire areas.

Moderators: Yorkshire Shrimper, Committee Members

DavidT6DCM
MGF Register Region: South Wales
Model of Car: MGTF 160

SWMGF Abingdon Museum appeal

Post by DavidT6DCM » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:27 pm

Hi Guys , Stewart mentioned to me that a few of you may be intersted in attending this day parked up in Abingdon Square for the day on Sunday July 13th, I need names asap please as will be closing the list when we reach approx 30/35,we are half way to that number already,a charge in way of donation of £10 would be appreciated to go into fund and we will be handing over a very large cheque that we have aquired from bank to give to curator of Museum during photo shoot of this, press will be involved as will a a story or 2 for MG mags,we hope to raise £300/400 to kick start off their appeal, so get your names in asap please, thanks, Dave

YOUNG
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley
Model of Car: TF Spark

Re: SWMGF Abingdon Museum appeal

Post by YOUNG » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:23 pm

Hello Dave can you add my name to your list do we send money to you or give it to you on the day are you meeting anywhere prior for the final run or is there a time to be there Simon

DavidT6DCM

Post by DavidT6DCM » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:46 pm

Hi Simon and thanks, re run in, you may poss be able to have your own little one in from up your way if there's a few of you, we are coming staright up from where i live in Abergavenny and plan to be at the Square by 09.45am/10am if you could do the same, i was told today by curator of museum that Coffee will be available in the Museum for us,you can give your donations to me on the morning at meet and will then have a count up befor handing over cheque,so hope you can rally some troops up your way, we can now go for a little higher than the 35 cars which i originaly thought may be enough so lets try get 40 or even 50 :thumbsu: current list below

Jerry & Diane
Dave & Evelyn
Andrew & Elinor
Mark
Grant
Greyfox
Jan
Lizzie
Nick & Gina (from Hants)
Geoff & Karen
KeithW
Sean & Clair ( East Anglia)
oz
Simon

unable to come but kind donations from
Adrian Clifford
Doc (SWMGF)
Quite a few £'s collected at MG's in Trees

DavidT6DCM

Post by DavidT6DCM » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:04 pm

1 more added but Still Room for more

Jerry & Diane
Dave & Evelyn
Andrew & Elinor
Mark
Grant
Greyfox
Jan
Lizzie
Nick & Gina (from Hants)
Geoff & Karen
KeithW
oz
Simon
Stewart & Kathryn

Adrian Clifford
Doc (SWMGF)

DavidT6DCM

Post by DavidT6DCM » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:27 am

A Week to go :D

Anymore fancy a day out here for this good cause,Coffee will be avalable at the museum,we need a few more names to the current list below, thanks all,Dave

Jerry & Diane
Dave & Evelyn
Andrew & Elinor
Mark
Grant
Greyfox
Jan
Lizzie
Nick & Gina (from Hants)
Geoff & Karen
KeithW
oz
Simon
Stewart & Kathryn

Adrian Clifford
Doc (SWMGF)

DavidT6DCM

Post by DavidT6DCM » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:02 am

Hope to see lots of you here and perhaps having your little convoys from your area in to be at Square around 10.15am

We need as many cars as possible packed in at the coffee house end, to leave some space for two cars to frame a shot with the Museum in the background as the cheque handover photo shot.

Jethro, could you act as one of the "official" photographers for the photo shoot/handover? Perhaps Keith W and others with pro cameras could take pics for the local paper as well.

Dr Lauren Gilmour, Curator of the Museum, is using this opportunity to jump start her appeal with a bit of an MG theme.
This appeal is being put together by Abingdon Town Council and Oxfordshire CC in recognition of the part the MG Car Company played in the history of Abingdon, and is nothing to do with the separate MG Car Club collection which will feature in the new Kimber House building and re-furbishment programme.

Hope to see lots of you there waving a £10 note which will be swiftly taken off you Many thanks to Dave Morris and Richard Martin for sorting out the arrangements in the square, and to all those coming with the folding stuff. It is for a good cause, leading to a permanent memorial of the footprint left by MG on Abingdon.

Jerry & Diane
Dave & Evelyn
Andrew & Elinor
Mark
Grant
Greyfox
Jan
Lizzie
Nick & Gina (from Hants)
Geoff & Karen
KeithW