Bicester Heritage

This Region covers Northants, North Bucks and the Bedfordshire areas.

Moderators: Yorkshire Shrimper, Committee Members

garytipping
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: TF 160

Bicester Heritage

Post by garytipping » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi All,
This is very short notice, but I will be popping a cross to Bicester Heritage tomorrow morning for the VSCC driving tests. The site is open for breakfast from 08:00 with the tests running from 10:00 - 15:00.
Have a look at www.bicesterheritage.co.uk. You will see that the site is a restored air base which is now the home of companies involved in classic cars, bikes and planes.

The next event is a Sunday Brunch scramble, 4th January 2015, which involves Classic cars and aircraft. They have had one these before which was attended I'm told by 500 cars.

I will certainly be going, it would be good to blow the Christmas cobwebs out and get some MG's there.

Let me know if you are thinking of going.

Regards

Gary

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Re: Bicester Heritage

Post by talkingcars » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:02 pm

Sounds interesting, I'd never heard of it before.
I do hope the site doesn't get affected by the new garden city.
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

garytipping
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: TF 160

Re: Bicester Heritage

Post by garytipping » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi,

The Bicester Heritage site was opened earlier this year, and is starting to be occupied by some interesting dealers, restorers etc. They want it to develop as a club meeting venue. We went this morning to the VSCC driving tests,it was great. Friendly people, good coffee and bacon rolls, free beer for later supplied by a local micro brewery. Some very interesting cars from Austin7 to Bugatti.

We are definitely going on 4th Jan. If there is much interest I'll see if we can arrange MG specific parking.

Worth keeping an eye on their website for other events.

Regards

Gary