Newbie off to collect a MGF VVC this eve.

This Region covers Northants, North Bucks and the Bedfordshire areas.

Moderators: Yorkshire Shrimper, Committee Members

Dozers Dad
MGF Register Region: South Midlands

Re: Newbie off to collect a MGF VVC this eve.

Post by Dozers Dad » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Cheers,

It didn't get done today. So I'll wait until I have more time. It doesn't need doing, I just like the idea of knowing it's got fresh oil in. I think I'll do the gear oil aswell? It's over 50,000 miles away from the suggested change interval but again, it would be good to know it's been changed.

Regards Jez

Dozers Dad
MGF Register Region: South Midlands

Re: Newbie off to collect a MGF VVC this eve.

Post by Dozers Dad » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:34 pm

A quick update & thanks for the various bits of help/advice.

The car has now had.

1) Engine oil & filter
2) Airfilter
3) Extra elastic roof straps. These are an ace bit of kit but a bugger to fit! You need three hands & the ability to be able to wallpaper your hallway through your letterbox!!! :o
4) Hood cleaned & re waterproofed with Autoglym roof care kit
5) Bodywork treated to a good scrub & a liberal coat of Diamond Brite paint sealer. I even did the inner wings & under the bonnet/boot etc etc. It took me all day but the results are great.
6) Leather interior revitalised with Autoglym leather care. The seats alone sucked in nearly half a 500ml bottle. So I guess they needed it? They look brand new now though. So well worth the effort!

Bits in stock & waiting to be fitted.......

1) Gates timing belts, tensioner & water pump kit waiting to go on
2) NGK Platinum plugs
3) Fuel filter
4) Gates alternator belt
5) Small weap from OS driveshaft seal to cure

I'm toying with the idea of upgrading the stereo to one with DAB, USB & possibly Bluetooth? I can't help thinking that a bluetooth phone connection would be pointless with the top down though! :P