Pub Meet in Northants - 9th December

This Region covers Northants, North Bucks and the Bedfordshire areas.

Moderators: Yorkshire Shrimper, Committee Members

Rich Stone
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: MGF Trophy 160

Pub Meet in Northants - 9th December

Post by Rich Stone » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:36 pm

Only just had the November meeting and here I am plugging the December one! :)

We're meeting at our new venue - The Harvester, Grange Park - on December 9th even though we're having the Christmas bash less than two weeks after. The main reasons for this are so we can get together with those who aren't going to the bash, and also confirm the menu choices for those who are. Other than that, it's a natter as usual.

Full details of the new venue can be found on the SmS website...

Names, as usual, please...

Attendees:
Rich & Kate
Graham & Jan
Lee & Debs
Dave & Carole
Dave & Moira
Simon & Ann

Nicktg

Re: Pub Meet in Northants - 9th December

Post by Nicktg » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:23 am

Can't make this one I'm afraid I'm down at the Southcoast that weekend, have a great meet though...

ScubaStewart
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by ScubaStewart » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:10 am

Sorry, won't be able to make this one. Both Kathryn and myself are booked on an mgoc run to bournemouth. I'll email your my menu choices for the christmas party.

puds121
Model of Car: MG TF

Post by puds121 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:05 pm

I shall be there......Debs should be too :thumbsu:
Lee. TF135 'Nemo'...much loved and modded
XPG, Milltek quad exhaust, MGR wheels, Z&F Remap - 148bhp on RR, Blue dash conversion, MGF Centre seats and hoops, VHPD Bootlid.

UK Kiwis

Post by UK Kiwis » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:47 pm

Pencil us in....Pretty please....D&C UK Kiwis

Daved
Model of Car: Steptronic & MGB

Post by Daved » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:41 pm

I'll be there too with Moira unless she is working.

YOUNG
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley
Model of Car: TF Spark

Post by YOUNG » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:19 am

should be there simon

UK Kiwis

Post by UK Kiwis » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:37 am

Sorry, have to rub out the pencil mark. London family visit.. See you all at the Christmas bash.

chasley

Post by chasley » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:22 pm

Jill and I won't be able to make this one either Rich, I'm afraid we're booked for a family 21st party that Sunday.

Hope it's a good one for you all and we'll see you at the Xmas Bash

Chas

Rich Stone

Post by Rich Stone » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:01 pm

Just a reminder to those who haven't already given me their menu choices for the Christmas Bash... This meeting is the last date I can take them. For those that are incomplete, a tradional Christmas Turkey menu will be chosen.

Rich.

Daved
Model of Car: Steptronic & MGB

Post by Daved » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:25 pm

Not a bad venue spacewise but I have a couple of reservations.

I suspect that the car park would get very busy on a nice day although some of us get there early not all do. And I thought the menu was very limited albeit there was more choice than the three roasts at a carvery it was very chicken based. The food I had was indeed very good.:)

Maybe we should trawl for suggestions from other members and have a season of traveling around the countryside :thumbsu:

Really looking forward to seeing most of you on the 21st.

Dave

Rich Stone

Post by Rich Stone » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:37 am

Dave,

Thanks for the feedback. That's just what I was after, following our first experience of the venue. Just to address a couple of points you raised... The car parking could be a small problem if we all want to park in the area adjacent to the venue, but we visited on a lovely sunny day in the Autumn and believe it or not it wasn't too bad. Also, we can use the Holiday Inn car park which has ample space (confirmed with the venue). Secondly, the menu... The reason it's chicken biased is because it's a Harvester! The main reasons for moving here temporarily is that our previous venue does not offer such a good inside space for us to get together, those wanting to eat are immediately segregated from the group and they don't start serving proper drinks until 11.30am. Also, it gets so busy very quickly as many will remember when there were queues for the carvery earlier this year.

However...

The main plan is to find a venue that suits the majority of the members, meeting or exceeding the criteria above. The location needs to be accessible to the whole of the region covered by Southmids Sportsters. Before choosing the Toby Carvery, we did an extensive search of pubs and restaurants in the south Northamptonshire region, but they were either packed out on Sundays, the food and drink was rediculously expensive or the car park was only able to take half a dozen cars! So, any suggestions are more than welcome and we can try them out in turn. In the end, it's hoped that we can have a rotating pattern with a meeting place in Northants, Bucks and Oxon, running in between the various activities of the events season. We have already had a successful meeting at the Lamb & Flag (Oxon) and we'll no doubt use this venue again.

January's meeting will be at the Harvester again as it's a little too late for everyone to be informed of a change (bearing in mind quite a few of our members don't read this forum or have emails). But where do you all want to meet in February????

I've started a new thread in our section to cover all this, so please feel free to post... Here!

Rich.