http://southwalesmg.co.uk/
South Wales and nearby.

Moderator: BigBen

Fast Jan
MGF Register Region: South Wales
Model of Car: Typhoon TF160

Abergavenny Camping & Run - BH Weekend - 23rd to 26th May

Post by Fast Jan » Fri May 16, 2014 11:51 am

It's pretty short notice, but I'm organising a last minute camping do for next weekend in Abergavenny - couldn't let another Bank Holiday pass without camping! It'll be a fairly relaxed weekend, with a very rough plan as follows:

* Fri - arrive late afternoon, sort tents and grab food from the club house or do a chippy run
* Sat - take the long way around, and visit the Clytha Arms who are holding a cider & music festival
* Sun - late starting run 'Mystery Tour' (ie, I haven't decided where yet!)
* Mon - pack up, depart from camp site and head to the Steam Rally in Abergavenny for a couple of hours before heading off home

The campsite we're staying at is the same one that I used for my previous camping weekend a couple of years ago, www.wernddu-campsite.co.uk/ Facilities were pretty decent there with good showers, and reasonable breakfasts & drinks in the club house. Prices per night are: £5 per person plus £3.50 for non electric pitch or £7.50 for electric hook-ups.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll add you onto numbers for the camp site booking :thumbsu:

Fast Jan
MGF Register Region: South Wales
Model of Car: Typhoon TF160

Re: Abergavenny Camping & Run - BH Weekend - 23rd to 26th Ma

Post by Fast Jan » Thu May 22, 2014 11:38 pm

Due to horrendous weather and local flooding today, I've cancelled this weekends plans. I'm not hardy enough to camp in monsoons! :(