Battle Proms Run

The place for all MGF/TF owners in Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk areas.

Moderator: allypally1967

dwkmgf
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: 01 Steptronic

Battle Proms Run

Post by dwkmgf » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:30 pm

Posted this originally on the Essex Board as that is where the initial conversation took place - but felt it only right that it also be put here as the run is in Hertfordshire.

A couple of us were chatting last night about a road run that culminated in attending the Battle Prom at Hatfield House. I have spoken with the organisers today, and they don't see there being a problem, although we may not be able to park at the rear of the auditorium because of Health and Safety (although I shall look into this with the local council - something about tanks of petrol, cars and and a crowd people being close together - Herts CC obviously have not seen Oxford Street at Christmas!!).

The plan fomulating in my mind would be a road run visiting a couple of other country homes in Hertfordshire/Essex (photo ops etc) with arrival at Hatfield House around 4pm. At the least we will have reserved parking and wil be early enough to pitch gazeebo's and have a picnic party (bring and share style) prior to the start of the concert. Having been on a couple of these events they really are a spectical, and an opportunity to dress in dinner jacket, bow tie and wellingtons!! Think of Last night of the Proms - with added cannons and smoke, plus a flypast by Spitfires - don't get that in the royal Albert Hall!!

The date of the event is the 26 July 2008. Ticket cost is £27 per person, although there is an early booking discount and I slipped in about a reduction as we could be a considerable group.

Let me know what you think.
Dave
2001 Tahiti Blue Freestyle Steptronic - Racing Vintage Stripes, Racing Vintage Interior, K&N 57i, TT Mk 4 Exhaust, AP Racing Brakes, HEP Braided Brake Hoses

John Ponting
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: MG Motor TF LE500 20

Re: Battle Proms Run

Post by John Ponting » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:17 pm

I'd be on to join you guys in the park for the picnic and the proms. Probably wouldn't join you for a run in as I live less than 3 miles from Hatfield House entrance.

I believe it got rained off this year.

Andie
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: MG TF 135

Post by Andie » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:57 am

That sounds like a fantastic idea...would it be open to interlopers???!

John Ponting
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: MG Motor TF LE500 20

Post by John Ponting » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:08 pm

Interloper? You? Put it in your diary Andie but be aware that it may conflict with MGFest2008 (yet to be announced).

TimM
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF VVC MY2000

Post by TimM » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:31 am

There is a very good chance that MGFest08 will be this weekend - sorry ! We'll be taking a decision at the weekend. We'll have our own "electric proms" there if you like !

Tim Morris
President MGCC MGF Register
FasTForward Editor; Safety Fast columnist; South East Regional Representative

2000 MGF VVC ; 1981 MGBGT LE; 2006 MG ZR

dwkmgf
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: 01 Steptronic

Post by dwkmgf » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:33 pm

Sorry, this is not happening now due to MGFest 08 (probably gathered that - but thought I would tie up loose ends)

Dave
Dave
2001 Tahiti Blue Freestyle Steptronic - Racing Vintage Stripes, Racing Vintage Interior, K&N 57i, TT Mk 4 Exhaust, AP Racing Brakes, HEP Braided Brake Hoses