27.06.08 - Burblenat Open Evening - Thetford

The place for all MGF/TF owners in Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk areas.

Moderator: allypally1967

Jonathan Tully
MGF Register Region: East Anglia
Model of Car: MGF Steptronic ('01)

27.06.08 - Burblenat Open Evening - Thetford

Post by Jonathan Tully » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:21 pm

I have received the following invite from the Norwich Burblers, which is doing the rounds on the MGCC Anglia natter mailing list. (I am slowly working my way through the backlog of emails in my inbox :) :) )

It could well be a MG themed weekend for me: MG Meet on the Friday, Committee Meeting on the Saturday, and our own HEATWheels meet on the Sunday in Wisbech St Mary. :D I am tempted to go to this IF I am prepared for the Committee meeting on the following day - otherwise F Reg stuff comes first. Petrol may be a factor as well, but hey ho... if the weather is nice some of the RV8's may be out of their garages and at the meet :shutup: :lol:

Anyway here are the details if you are interested:

Last October, we established a regular monthly Natter (and decided to call it the BurbleNat) which, over the winter, has gradually attracted more guys and is now well attended. We now have a good mixture of MGs, old and new, and also several cars of other marques, such as a Healey 3000, Bristol and Alvis. We have guys who come over from the Cambridge area, and up from Suffolk and Essex, as well as our local Norfolk crowd.

For our BurbleNat in June, on Friday 27th, we're holding an Open Evening - all makes of classic vehicles welcome. It will be publicised to other MGCC Natters and also to other classic car groups in the area. We'd very much like to invite and welcome some of your members; would you like to publicise it for us?

The BurbleNat is at The Angel Inn, Larling, NR16 2QU, just beside the A11 north-east of Thetford, Norfolk. There are white pub signs as you come off the A11, sp. East Harling and Roudham Indl. Estate. Searching on Google Maps on the pub's postcode gives the exact location.

The Angel has two large car parks, plus the top 'overflow' car park which is where we'll be, and has a very good reputation for food and a choice of decent beers. We'll be there from 7.30pm onwards.

(Our regular monthly get-together is on the 4th Friday of each month).

Assuring you of a warm welcome!

Best regards,

Stuart Middlemiss

ImageImageImage
Ex(e) MGF Register Regional Representative - East Anglia