Recommend a garage to setup my tracking in my area

The place for all MGF/TF owners in Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk areas.

Moderator: allypally1967

castingflame
MGF Register Region: East Anglia
Model of Car: Trophy

Recommend a garage to setup my tracking in my area

Post by castingflame » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:06 am

Hello fellow flatlanders.

I have done a lot of suspension work on my Trophy over the last few months fitting a complete poly bush kit, ball joints, rod ends, wheel bearings and brakes. I will need to get everything laser aligned so I am looking for recommended MGF savy garage to carry out the work. I will be recharging the fluid in the suspension with hand vacuum & grease gun charge pumps but I think it would be prudent to ask the garage to do this job properly before aligning the wheels.

It would also be great if the garage would let me watch the work being done but I am not sure how they would feel about this. I live in Wisbech but am happy to travel.
2001 MGF Trophy 160
1971 MGB GT Being built from a shell in a Sebring type style

robbie1003
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire
Model of Car: mgf 1.8mpi mk2

Re: Recommend a garage to setup my tracking in my area

Post by robbie1003 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:22 am

Do you have a local nationwide crash repair centre near? (others are available its just they have places allover UK) Most accident repair garages charge less a hour than service departments and use the latest wheel alignment equipment with computer printout. I work in bodyshop of local main ford dealer and use the wheel alignment system every day so know how to use it and what to do unlike some garages that have to clean dust off the keyboard to use it.