Is there anybody out there.

The place for all MGF/TF owners in Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk areas.

Moderator: allypally1967

MG maniac
MGF Register Region: East Anglia
Model of Car: 1.8i mk1

Is there anybody out there.

Post by MG maniac » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:27 pm

Hi all. It's gone awfully quiet on here. Have all mgf/tf owners,as well as their cars, gone into hibernation.
2nd Thursday of this month I took a lovely drive out too the Swan, guess what, NO MEETING. I was informed by the landlord that a meeting had been held a few weeks earlier, on a Friday. Please, if meeting dates have changed, update the site so that numpties like me don't go on pointless journeys.

Plezier
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MGF 75th

Re: Is there anybody out there.

Post by Plezier » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:34 am

Well although I am not quite in your area being in Lincolnshire yes it's quiet there too. Although the meets are still happening I believe here at least. have not been to one for some time though. Have to see when the next one is and try to get there soon. Many do seem to hibernate though.

I also feel that many have abaondoned the forums for face book.

REgards. Plezier (Kevin)

Geoff and Vicki Edge
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Elsewhere
Model of Car: 2000 MGF 1.8i

Re: Is there anybody out there.

Post by Geoff and Vicki Edge » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:58 am

Kevin, as you say, you have not been to a meet for some time - probably around May? You said on the forum that you did come along in July but could not get in because the car park was too full! There has been a lot going on in Lincolnshire including the Wings and Wheels at Boston Aerodrome and the Oxford trip. We were also at MGF20 and had the Lincs Register flag flying but you didn't even say hello to us! If you came along you would find plenty going on. It is ironic in the car club scenario is that those who complain most about "nothing going on" are those who do not actually support events when they are organised and criticise organisers when they are not prepared to organise anything themselves. Far from hibernating Lincolnshire continue to meet through the winter months and have new members coming along. There will be 12 members at the Classic Car Show this month and we have our special Christmas event in December. So we do hope that we will see you at one of our meets or events in Lincolnshire one day soon as clearly you are missing out.