Back from the house move.......

The place for all MGF/TF owners in Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk areas.

Moderator: allypally1967

stevebrg
MGF Register Region: East Anglia
Model of Car: 1998 MGF

Back from the house move.......

Post by stevebrg » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:22 am

Huzzah! FINALLY in the new house (after six months of delays) so should be able to see you all at the next meet!
Look forward to seeing you all!

Whilst I'm here, if anyone has a chrome trim for an F they want to sell I'm in need of one, one of mine has been stolen! :(

Jonathan Tully
Model of Car: MGF Steptronic ('01)

Re: Back from the house move.......

Post by Jonathan Tully » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:37 pm

Excellent new Steve! I am sure it was about this time last year that you mentioned you were thinking of moving :o Why do these things always take so long? Really feel for you mate, these things can take so long and be so stressful.

Have you settled in as yet? I still haven't - well that's my excuse for not having a house warming party as yet and I am sticking to it :lol: Seriously though, I hope to finish clearing out my garage this weekend, so I can park the F overnight for the cold winter months :cry: Just got to clear out a few more boxes and put up some carpet on the walls. I painted the walls dover white, and the floor x-power grey when I moved in so not much more to do with the garage. I might put a sink in there though - that is a summer job me thinks :D

By the way I was thinking of installing some kind of device to indicate where to park in the garage - something like hanging a tennis ball from the ceiling :roll: or the like - so that I know how far to reverse. Has anyone got any ideas or suggestions?

Cheers

Jon
ImageImageImage
Ex(e) MGF Register Regional Representative - East Anglia

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:00 am

Putting carpet on the walls, that's nice, most people put carpet on the floor and paper on the walls :D

I assume the tennis ball hanging from the ceiling is for the cat to play with (the one that always seems to sleep on the hood of the car).

Try a small piece of wood on the floor just by where your N/S tyre would stop, you won't kick it on your way out that way.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Jonathan Tully

Post by Jonathan Tully » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:25 pm

Cheers for the advice Adrian. The piece of wood could certainly be a winner :thumbsu: A better idea than the tennis ball hanging from the ceiling - besides I don't own a cat anyway :lol:

Fortunately, due to the odd shape of my house interior, I have quite a lot of carpet left over. The idea is to strategically put it on the walls to protect the car doors when I open them. (Pretty sure you clocked that Adrian - but explained in case anyone else thought I was crazy and trying to co-ordinate my house with the garage :lol: )

Cheers

Jon
ImageImageImage

stevebrg

Post by stevebrg » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:09 am

Ha ha, you cannot stop cats sitting on the hood! I reckon the in-laws cat spent 6 months deliberatly chafing his fluffy backside all over my hood (no need for a mohair hood now)!

Yeah it's been 12 months of royal pain in my ass, to the point that the MG hasn't even been washed for about 4 months now!

I have a couple of old tow ropes along the length of mine to stop the doors bashing the wall. Also doubles up as a handrail since my beer fridge is at the back of the garage.... :D

I'm doing a similar garage-pimp at the minute, peg board for the tools, floor paint, lights, tap & sink, and stairs into the eves of the garage for extra storage, and the piece de elegance, an old speckled hen bottle opener mounted to the wall :D

On the upshot, business is going well and I've placed my order for a company car so the MG can become my weekend toy! Ordered a Citroen C2 VTS as the daily hack, no point in having anything bigger when you're in cambridge all the time!

Jonathan Tully

Post by Jonathan Tully » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:27 pm

stevebrg wrote: I have a couple of old tow ropes along the length of mine to stop the doors bashing the wall. Also doubles up as a handrail since my beer fridge is at the back of the garage.... :D
Beer Fridges in the garage are the way forward :lol: Mine has been empty since the weekend though :thumbsd: Mine is next to the bike :twisted: on the turbotrainer - so everytime i walk into the garage I am torn between choosing to exercise or knocking back a cold one - beer is sadly winning at the moment :lol:
stevebrg wrote: On the upshot, business is going well and I've placed my order for a company car so the MG can become my weekend toy! Ordered a Citroen C2 VTS as the daily hack, no point in having anything bigger when you're in cambridge all the time!
[rant mode on]
I sold my car when I was living in Cambridge - as like London it just wasn't worth the hassle. That was 10 years ago - god knows what it must be like now to live there full time - the few times I have driven in lately I seem to keep finding these rising bollards :thumbsd: and don't get me started on the price of parking - LOL!! :lol: And it won't be long before they bring in the congestion charge :evil: ..................................Lovely place though.
[/rant mode off]

Do you park and ride?

ImageImageImage

stevebrg

Post by stevebrg » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:11 am

No no, I run around doing appointments all day, I just make sure they're going to be out of the tolled hours. So basically paperwork in the morning, then around 10 I head off into cambridge and be back for four to do more paperwork. That of course assumes the charges are only applied in the morning and evening rush hours like the plan currently is.

MG's now in the garage for some TLC, silly question, but you offered me a set of wheels a while ago, does the offer stand? I'm refurbing mine in the new year.

Can I say no to mereham on a personal level, but yes to mereham on a work level?!

Jonathan Tully

Post by Jonathan Tully » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:07 am

stevebrg wrote: MG's now in the garage for some TLC, silly question, but you offered me a set of wheels a while ago, does the offer stand? I'm refurbing mine in the new year.
No problem - give me a shout when you need them.

Cheers

Jon
ImageImageImage

stevebrg

Post by stevebrg » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:16 am

Jonathan Tully wrote:
stevebrg wrote: MG's now in the garage for some TLC, silly question, but you offered me a set of wheels a while ago, does the offer stand? I'm refurbing mine in the new year.
No problem - give me a shout when you need them.

Cheers

Jon
Cheers fella, I imagine it'll be around january time, it's only becuase I don't have any axle stands (yet) and I'm not leaving the car on a jack for several days.

Sure I can throw something your way by means of thanks.