MG6 at Kerridges, Suffolk

The place for all MGF/TF owners in Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk areas.

Moderator: allypally1967

Jonathan Tully
MGF Register Region: East Anglia
Model of Car: MGF Steptronic ('01)

MG6 at Kerridges, Suffolk

Post by Jonathan Tully » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:10 am

If you are interested the MG6 will be at Kerridges this weekend: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6 ... 1303692909

Would love to have a look, but am up to my eyeballs in work at the mo. :cry:
ImageImageImage
Ex(e) MGF Register Regional Representative - East Anglia

AyB
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Re: MG6 at Kerridges, Suffolk

Post by AyB » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:26 pm

Only just caught up with this :( otherwise curiosity would have got the better of me.

If only it had been more publicised. :thumbsd:

MartinW
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: LE500, MG6GT, MGB GT

Post by MartinW » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:27 pm

Pity you missed the post by Autovids on BCF, he was hoping someone would go along with a camera!
MartinW
No longer a TF owner...sad times :(

AyB
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by AyB » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:00 pm

MartinW wrote:Pity you missed the post by Autovids on BCF, he was hoping someone would go along with a camera!
O dear, I have just noticed it :roll: Must pay more attention to his posts!!!!!!!! :lol:

Jonathan Tully

Post by Jonathan Tully » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:08 pm

Dare I say that when the first you hear about it on a regional forum, like this, they could have done a better job of their marketing? :shutup: I stumbled across it on Facebook, I did not see anything on their website.

I grew up near a car dealership, and as a kid I always used to go over there when they were launching new cars, had in demonstrators etc. This was before the days of the Internet, with only newspapers, radio and tv to communicate. OK, it was a Ferrari, Porsche, Volvo and the odd Lambo dealership, so they probably had a bigger budget... but still I would have thought publicity would be easier these days. :roll: Maybe there are so many types of media now, it is easier for publicity to get lost. I hope they did well and got some interest from potential customers :thumbsu:
ImageImageImage

MartinW
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: LE500, MG6GT, MGB GT

Post by MartinW » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Surely it is also down to the dealers at a local level to advertise on the local radio and in the local newspapers? Supposedly the Friday evening was an invitation event, and that assumes that the local dealer will have a mailing list either from local enquiries or from MG Motors themselves forwarding enquiries from the website. My local dealer hasn't even bothered to host a preview weekend, though. According to Keith Harris at MG Motors it is down to the dealers as to whether they are prepared to host an event.
MartinW
No longer a TF owner...sad times :(

Jonathan Tully

Post by Jonathan Tully » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:20 am

I think you are right, the local dealers need to be involved in local promotion, and as the dealers will differ in type this will lead to inconsistencies in promotion. It is good that Kerridges were willing to host a preview, when perhaps others are not, and nice to see MG Motors backing them up via Facebook and providing the car. There is always the 6 dollar question about how effective this type of marketing is, and whether it translates into sales, or whether they are just hosting an evening for a bunch of MG enthusiasts?

I wasn't invited to the preview event :cry: I registered an interest with Kerridges, via the MG website, back in the day, but to be fair that would have been during the launch of the LE500 so I may not be on their mailing list anymore, or the latest mailshot may have been targeted to the MG6. I hope we will see some more advertising and promotion from MG Motors themselves as the launch date gets nearer, and I hope you get your MG6 as per your signature :thumbsu:
ImageImageImage