An area for the Essex and North East London area group - Essex MGF

Moderator: Michael Murkin

stuart
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: TF160

MGF bits...

Post by stuart » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi all,

I came to one of your meetings last year and fully intended to make it more of a regular thing, however I had my car written off by a drunk driver a few weeks back- just bought myself a very nice TF160 to get over it which I'm chuffed with- will definitely bring it down to one of your gatherings soon. Anyway, I bought the old car back off the insurance company so I’ve got a car full of spares to be getting shot of- it’s a 99 VVC in Tahiti blue with cream leather interior, sadly the victim of a drunk driver a few weeks back. Still drives but an insurance write off- mechanically A1 and a great car before being totalled. Forget about asking for any body panels from the front end, but from the “A” pillar back it’s all good. Notable parts include:

- The engine. VVC model- it’s as sweet as a nut- 83k, new uprated MLS gasket 2000miles back- all new belts, head skim, new water pump, head bolts- no expense spared. Can be heard running silky smooth.
- New old stock gearbox- CB4P- rare as hens teeth- cost me £325 – done 2000 miles- mated to a performance clutch and new gear cables (again 2000miles ago) - gear change silky smooth
- Set of 16inch Abingdon/cup alloys shod with Goodyear F1 eagles- loads of tread
- Mk2 Dark Grey Hood (not black!)- unmarked- no holes or wearing- plastic rear window is clear- hood was off an ‘03 TF- mechanism was repainted/refurbished and all catches are in A1 condition.
- Full cream leather interior- no rips or tears- cream steering wheel unmarked.
- Discs, pads, callipers all standard and were brand new 2000miles ago.
- Stainless steel underfloor coolant pipes- again 2000 miles old
- 52mm throttle body, again as new (1000miles and still got the box)

I've lavished a lot of time and expense on this car- it's garaged in Ware in Hertfordshire- I fully appreciate that I’ll never get back what I’ve spent, but I’d rather it went to an enthusiast who’ll appreciate all the good stuff and put it all to good use- quite happy to supply the original bill/receipts for any parts you could use too.

If you need any bits, get in touch!

Cheers,

Stuart
Stuart

'02 TF 160 - an Original MG Rover Group Press Car...and still lookin' sharp!

Bilstein Shocks, Z&F Remap, B&G Coolant Alarm, Glass Rear Screen, Braided Hoses, Bling-free at the moment...but that'll probably change

dwkmgf
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: 01 Steptronic

Re: MGF bits...

Post by dwkmgf » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:54 pm

Have PM ed you
Dave
2001 Tahiti Blue Freestyle Steptronic - Racing Vintage Stripes, Racing Vintage Interior, K&N 57i, TT Mk 4 Exhaust, AP Racing Brakes, HEP Braided Brake Hoses

stuart
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: TF160

Re: MGF bits...

Post by stuart » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Car now sold!
Stuart

'02 TF 160 - an Original MG Rover Group Press Car...and still lookin' sharp!

Bilstein Shocks, Z&F Remap, B&G Coolant Alarm, Glass Rear Screen, Braided Hoses, Bling-free at the moment...but that'll probably change