An area for the Essex and North East London area group - Essex MGF

Moderator: Michael Murkin

Nicole
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGF & ZT

Tree chopping

Post by Nicole » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:45 pm

Hey all,

I had a letter from the council stating that had to cut back the vegetation to the footpath along side my house. I had a little bush cutting gathering on Sunday. We were able to clear the path. Then we (Dawn-no blame at all :D ) decided that my garden would look bigger if we were to chop my trees as they were no longer providing privacy. We started chopping down my conifers. We have done three of them. We have another 7 to go. We had a bonfire to get rid of most of the smaller branches and I have a few people with wood burners that want to collect the wood for this winter.

I was wondering if anyone had a chainsaw that we could borrow AND if anyone could spare any time on Saturday to help out. I supply all the tea & coffees and cold drinks plus bacon sannies!! We had a great laugh.

A big thank you to Adrian & Dawn, Dave & Rhona, Steve & Pam, Sue & Ron for all their help. Also all my neighbours brown bins for the vegetation.

Nicole

Nicole
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGF & ZT

Re: Tree chopping

Post by Nicole » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:42 pm

Another big thank you to Dawn & Adrian, Dave & Rhona, Tony for all your help in cutting down the last few trees. This time the fire brigade came out twice! Both times very happy with our control of the situation. I can't thank you guys enough for the help and dedication you guys put into getting them down. You absolutely put me to shame. Amazing - totally amazing friends.

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Re: Tree chopping

Post by colintf » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:20 pm

looks / sounds like you have all done very well over there :thumbsu:

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/